Game unplayable for players with Bitdefender on Xbox PC Game Pass

by EfishBoot50

Original Post

Game unplayable for players with Bitdefender on Xbox PC Game Pass

★ Novice

I have Bitdefender and am playing Rocket Arena after getting it from the Xbox PC Game Pass. I am currently unable to play the game but not due to frame issues or anything like that. Currently, after about 5-10 minutes of the game being open it crashes, consistently. I have made both Rocket Arena's launcher, and Mariner.exe and different parts of the Easy Anticheat exempt from all 3 of Bitdefender's Anti Viruses, and it still crashes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game 3 times, including checking the EA Games folder and checking to see if something is screwed up there, and nope, nothing broken there. I don't know what is causing this, it might be caused from Unreal Engine since every crash brings up the BugSplat Crash Reporter which says that an Unreal Process crashed UE4-Mariner. But the error is shown as 0x80000004, which is commonly caused by Bitdefender, I have no clue what is causing this crash, Bitdefender, Rocket Arena, Unreal Engine, or some other unknown cause, but as it stands there is no possible way for me to play the game.

Message 1 of 2 (1,294 Views)

Re: Game unplayable for players with Bitdefender on Xbox PC Game Pass

Champion (Retired)
Hi @EfishBoot50

Have you disabled Bitdefender completely and then ran the game to make sure it is Bitdefender causing the issue?

I would also add the folder where your games are stored to the Bitdefender exception list.
Message 2 of 2 (1,289 Views)