Re: [Event] Blast in Paradise: Limited-Time Event Starting August 12

by EA_Leeloo

Original Post

[Event] Blast in Paradise: Limited-Time Event Starting August 12

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

ra-s01-beachball-v02.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg

It’s summer time in Crater! All the Rocket Championship Competitors have been invited to the ultimate beachside getaway at Crater’s Edge. During the Blast in Paradise event, there will be themed Challenges, Playlists, Cosmetics, and new Modes. In addition, two new Maps will be permanently added to the game. Celebrate in style with new tropical outfits, and try out six new event playlists, including Treasure in Paradise, Beach Ball, and Doubles!

And complete free Challenges during the Blast in Paradise event to earn unique unlocks!

ra-s01-jaytovkayi-v02.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg

New Map - Lagoon of Doom

Lagoon of Doom, home to bottomless waterfalls, is forever swathed in fog. They say that sea serpents ply its depths, ready to snag anyone foolhardy enough to cross the Lagoon. Surely, it’s nonsense -- but just in case, let’s stick to the beach, and avoid the water!

ra-screenshot-maps-doom-lagoon.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg

New Map - Grand Harbor

Grand Harbor is home to several noteworthy sights. Among them is a pair of wrecked pirate ships, settled in the shallow waters, where they held their final naval battle. There could be treasure stored below their decks, but there are definitely piles of unstable rockets down there. So stay clear!

ra-screenshot-maps-grand-harbor.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg

Source: ea.com

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 1 of 6 (1,065 Views)

[ Edited ]

Very colourful; might just become my new favourite maps

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 6 (1,020 Views)

@TTZ_Dipsy Have you had a chance to play yet? What do you think? Standard smile 

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 6 (909 Views)

[ Edited ]

@EA_Leeloo 

I've only been able to play matches in Bots in Paradise but the new maps are pretty neat. Harbour is nice and simple while the Lagoon has great verticality and looks extra nice.

Edit: Got my first multi-KO (4+) so things are looking up!

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 4 of 6 (885 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Leeloo Are purchasable skins and cosmetics from this event limited? Or will it be possible to buy them even after the event is ended?
Message 5 of 6 (853 Views)

Hey, sorry for the late response. I was AFK for a few days.

@TTZ_Dipsy Glad to hear you're enjoying the new maps! And congrats on the achievement, that's great!!! Party hat

@TemporalSine5050 I'm afraid the purchasable Blast in Paradise skins/cosmetics will only available during the event (until August 26th).

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 6 (776 Views)