Re: Opponent drops but match doesn’t count

by PatoR503

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Opponent drops but match doesn’t count

★★★ Newbie

So I have had this on several occasions now. Opponent leaves a match but then the match does not count for my ranking (and I presume not for his either). It’s quite infuriating. This also happened on several occasions with FUT Friendly matches. 

If an opponent drops, regardless of the reason (being behind, connection issues etc. etc.) it should just count as a win for me and a loss for him. No questions askes. Right?

Message 1 of 7 (1,307 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA SPORTS FC Team

Hey @MysticSunray,

This is a long-standing topic, and we have shared the feedback on this with the team. While I don't have any information to share on this, players that drop out of a match will be affected and as the match will be considered as a loss for them, no matter what the score was.

Thanks for your feedback and if we have any changes planned for that in the future, we will communicate this accordingly Standard smile 

-rephii

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (979 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie
@MysticSunrayi think that’s unfair too, because they leave the game but you don’t get the win. We should get the win when they leave it’s unfair. Hopefully EA fix this one day
Message 2 of 7 (1,196 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Message 3 of 7 (993 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

Hey @MysticSunray,

This is a long-standing topic, and we have shared the feedback on this with the team. While I don't have any information to share on this, players that drop out of a match will be affected and as the match will be considered as a loss for them, no matter what the score was.

Thanks for your feedback and if we have any changes planned for that in the future, we will communicate this accordingly Standard smile 

-rephii

Message 4 of 7 (980 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_rephii In FUT Rivals, opponents disconnects and it shows a message that opponent loses the match due to disconnection, but dont give me a Victory, it consumes consumables like contracts but dont give me win and i dont advance in rivals.

This is happening everytime opponent disconnects. Early, Halftime and Late game.

Message 5 of 7 (829 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_rephii please can you level this on priority, its quite frustrating and we lose our consumables.
We, costumers, pay for Consumables, its unacceptable.
Message 6 of 7 (826 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Have to agree with this. I hadn't seen this tread (had posted in a separate one). If it's such a longstanding ISSUE that is known, why not just fix the algorithm? ESPECIALLY since there are multiple times this happens when the guy quits after someone crap happened to them. Eg, gets a red card, game is tied? Like... there should be 0 instance we don't get a W there. And as said above, it then CONSUMES our contracts on the players. Like... we didn't even get to PLAY? Why does that consume a contract, it's really quite annoying.

Message 7 of 7 (724 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

fifa-20-splash

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help