by Katevolution

Original Post

Re: Anthem PS4 Alliance

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@ScrubbyGrabbit wrote:

@crackdownjr wrote:
top 5 xp earners I believe

Too lazy to research this myself but what does this exactly mean?  Top 5 of all the people on a friend's list including yourself and no one else contributes to the group?  If so if you are in the top 5 do you get a bonus?  So confused about this but sounds kinda cool.  If it's only top 5 then does this mean you don't need a lot of people on your friend's list just five people who really, really play a lot.  I suppose if you have 50 people on your friend's list you have a better chance at having 5 that will max out the weekly cap for everyone else.  I'd LOL if you weren't always at the top you sound competitive like that.  I'm just a scrubby grabbit I usually play using a combo of my feet and ears.

The top 5 xp earners on your friends list. This isn't like a group that people join. Basically how it works is when you finish a mission your xp is totaled. If you are playing with others, regardless if it's friends or randoms, you also get limited xp from them. All of that xp raises your "Alliance Status" (level) which determines where you rank among your friends on their friends list. I assumed that the higher your Alliance level is, the more xp your friends will receive, but my top 5 have different alliance levels and are all giving me the same xp. Maybe it's capped? But if so, why does it bother raising your alliance level without giving more xp? Or maybe you only get xp relevant to your ally level? Since my friends are currently higher than I am, maybe I only get as much as I give. Clearly I also have questions, but I hope this cleared it up a bit for you. It should become clearer when you play.

IMG_20190222_215940.jpgIMG_20190222_215952.jpg

Message 21 of 23 (378 Views)

★★★ Guide

@crackdownjr wrote:

@ScrubbyGrabbit wrote:

@crackdownjr wrote:
top 5 xp earners I believe

Too lazy to research this myself but what does this exactly mean?  Top 5 of all the people on a friend's list including yourself and no one else contributes to the group?  If so if you are in the top 5 do you get a bonus?  So confused about this but sounds kinda cool.  If it's only top 5 then does this mean you don't need a lot of people on your friend's list just five people who really, really play a lot.  I suppose if you have 50 people on your friend's list you have a better chance at having 5 that will max out the weekly cap for everyone else.  I'd LOL if you weren't always at the top you sound competitive like that.  I'm just a scrubby grabbit I usually play using a combo of my feet and ears.

The top 5 xp earners on your friends list. This isn't like a group that people join. Basically how it works is when you finish a mission your xp is totaled. If you are playing with others, regardless if it's friends or randoms, you also get limited xp from them. All of that xp raises your "Alliance Status" (level) which determines where you rank among your friends on their friends list. I assumed that the higher your Alliance level is, the more xp your friends will receive, but my top 5 have different alliance levels and are all giving me the same xp. Maybe it's capped? But if so, why does it bother raising your alliance level without giving more xp? Or maybe you only get xp relevant to your ally level? Since my friends are currently higher than I am, maybe I only get as much as I give. Clearly I also have questions, but I hope this cleared it up a bit for you. It should become clearer when you play.

IMG_20190222_215940.jpgIMG_20190222_215952.jpg

This system really needs to be updated/explained more. I was playing Thursday night and a huge chunk of Friday, Saturday and Sunday (30+ hrs total or so I bet) with the same 2 people and a rotating fourth person. While we occasionally had a random fourth person, for the most part everyone including the rotating fourth person were on my friends list and we are all on each others list. None of us are Alliance lvl 10. We're all 8 or 9 yet I had all top 5 people at 10 by Friday or Saturday. How did they get to 10 already? Are we going to be required to have a full party of friends sink in 30 hours to get to lvl 10? Even with a random 4th person, the random's exp wasn't much different than my friends so I doubt it really made a difference. 

Message 22 of 23 (352 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just for comparison, I put in about 15 hours over past weekend, without a team, every match was with 3 random players, and I got to about level 6.5 on Alliance.  I noticed that in most matches I played, I got the most alliance xp points, or was the 2nd highest. 

I think it was due to me playing the missions after I picked up the quest, not as a quick mission.

Message 23 of 23 (284 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help