Re: iOS11 Issues with Real Racing 3

by johnny767

Original Post

iOS11 Issues with Real Racing 3

★★★ Newbie
Hi. I updgraded yesterday to ios 11.1 and now the gyroscope has a huge problem where in the middle of the race it starts turning right on stop.

When can we expect a fix?
Message 1 of 21 (8,342 Views)

★ Novice

The Firemonkeys blog has a post on the procedure to reset the gyroscope, however after going through it, the reset does not persist and the steering degrades again as you run a race, to the point were I had to hold my iPad Air 45° from normal to drive straight.

Message 2 of 21 (8,183 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

The fix presented by FM does not work consistently.

We need a solution as an update of RR3 working fine with iOS 11.1.

Get in contact with Apple to now what they have changed.

Message 3 of 21 (8,078 Views)

★ Novice

Basically, according to this, the ball is in Apple's court.

https://help.firemonkeys.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/115003409893?page=1#comment_115000275773

Message 4 of 21 (8,037 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Damned

Message 5 of 21 (7,838 Views)

★★★ Newbie

From RR today Nov 18

Greetings,

Thanks for contacting Firemonkeys support.

I understand your concern of calibration issue and would like to inform you that team is aware of the issue that affects players in handling cars who plays with gyroscopic (tilt) controls on iOS device running OS 11.1. Additionally, Apple is also updated on this concern and they are working on their 11.2 update and to our knowledge it will fix gyroscopic issue when it launches.

For now, I would suggest you to use other control options provided in game and wait till new update of OS is released. I understand how frustrating this must be but we hope to have this issue sorted as soon as possible.

Appreciate your understanding and patience towards us. Please get back to us if there is anything else we can help you with.

Best Regards,

Mayank

Message 6 of 21 (7,605 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I expect a refund for the gold I spent I don't care what who's fault this is your communication on this is absolutely pathetic

Message 7 of 21 (7,523 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue: RR3, IOS 11.1.2, IPad Air

Message 8 of 21 (7,379 Views)

★★ Novice

@pprobe wrote:

From RR today Nov 18

Greetings,

Thanks for contacting Firemonkeys support.

I understand your concern of calibration issue and would like to inform you that team is aware of the issue that affects players in handling cars who plays with gyroscopic (tilt) controls on iOS device running OS 11.1. Additionally, Apple is also updated on this concern and they are working on their 11.2 update and to our knowledge it will fix gyroscopic issue when it launches.

For now, I would suggest you to use other control options provided in game and wait till new update of OS is released. I understand how frustrating this must be but we hope to have this issue sorted as soon as possible.

Appreciate your understanding and patience towards us. Please get back to us if there is anything else we can help you with.

Best Regards,

Mayank

ME TOO!!!

I have the same problem too!!! and after a lot of requests for assistance, I simply have to be patient. And no dear EA, I paid and so much! if you have a problem I do not have to endure. I lost Aston Martin that I had upgraded almost in totality.
I have decided not to play anymore until you pay me back the lost gold or car.
and I will also echo my decision.
since it came out RR1, 2 and finally 3 that I played every day years have passed! now maybe I'll finally get rid of this game.

Message 9 of 21 (7,330 Views)

★★ Novice

Also on an iPad Air 2.  I can confirm that this has been fixed with iOS 11.2 (not 11.1.2)

11.2 is available as a public beta at beta.apple.com

I was hesitant to load a beta, but it couldn’t be worse than the General release 11.1 so I did it.

No issues with the beta that I have found.

Message 10 of 21 (7,233 Views)