Touch delay

by EdMiEzTi

Original Post

Touch delay

★★ Novice

This didn't used to happen before, and now the game is near unplayable for me.

Anything that requires me to touch the screen, whether it's going through menus or whatever, is delayed. The part that's annoying, though, is that this severely hinders my ability to control my car in-game. I've had to put the game to auto-throttle because otherwise the delay is impossible to deal with, and I've basically been purposely braking early into every corner to compensate for the braking delay, which obviously makes it much harder to be fast around any track. By far the most difficult thing, though, is drag races. Starting and shifting are basically just about reaction time so having everything delayed makes it nearly impossible to win any drag race unless my car is leaps and bounds better than my opponent.

I haven't been able to find any similar cases online anywhere. My steering is fine, because it's tilt-steering, which doesn't use any touching of the screen.  Once the game does detect my finger's input, there's no sudden loss of input or anything, it's just a delay upon touching my screen. The funny thing is, though, there's no delay when I let go of the brakes. This only happens in RR3, and not on any other app that I have.

I'm a little worried that maybe it's because my phone is getting old, but that doesn't explain the fact that it only happens in this game and not others. I was already planning on upgrading, since I've been on my current phone for 3 years. I've also done a clean uninstall/reinstall, along with clearing cache and all that. I haven't tried deleting my save but if I have to do that to fix it I'd rather just stop playing this pay2win game anyway.

Message 1 of 1 (502 Views)