SpeedRush TV Challenge is impossible?

by Kapucinus

Original Post

SpeedRush TV Challenge is impossible?

★★★★★ Novice

I'm trying to finish this event but I hit a massive roadblock. I'm supposed to finish 1st in Hockenheim without skidding but I fail every time.

Basically you're supposed to pass every car in 3 laps. But if you touch them, you skid and you failed. if you go into the corner too fast, you skid and failed. If you go into the corner too slow, your turning will be too aggressive and skid and you failed again. if you go wide to avoid skidding and you slightly leave the track the game considers you're skidding and you failed once again...

Did I mention that traction control is turned off so you can't even turn it on for extra stability? And did I mention that the main part of racing is to slightly skid the car in the corners for optimal speed and acceleration?And meanwhile here is this ridiculous excuse of simulation which skids the car in the most unexpected ways claiming that I'm the one doing it wrong. But then again what do I know about real racing, I'm only a hobby race driver after all and never driven anything stronger than an F3 car... If this challenge wouldn't be the only way to get that Audi, I wouldn't care the slightest, but this game time again pretends to be a simulator while creating ludicrous challenges and asking illogical things which wouldn't be difficult in themselves but they are because the game is so poorly models real life.

Message 1 of 9 (4,971 Views)

Re: SpeedRush TV Challenge is impossible?

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

You will constantly find in L.T.S./Gauntlet etc, that FM create challenges that cannot be completed. That is why they have the "skip" option. FM want you to spend gold you may have, or want you to purchase ridiculous gold packages. The deeper you go into the challenges, you generally find the "skip" option is the only way.

Real Racing 3 is becoming less and less like "real racing"

Message 2 of 9 (4,866 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Upgrade your tires, suspension as much as you can, then turn on the traction control on in the driver assists. That should help.

Message 3 of 9 (4,852 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Kapucinus I understand your feeling of frustration that seemed to happen to me when I started playing the game about 3 years back.

However I've grown to love the game. When it comes to Hockenheim. Always do this, turn break assists off for the first turn. The moment you touch the left hand tarmac section highlighted break for just a second and then accelerate. This won't be counted as off track and you won't skid.

Secondly when you reach the third to last hard turn in, you gotta break well in advance and turn your car left and right and then left again... slowly but that helps with grip for any car above the traction of 1.20. When your moving into the last turn break well in advance so you turn to the right corner you eventually would move out kinda like off track but the moment that happens hard break for 1.5 seconds and take the last right turn this would avoid you skidding and run through the same thing with the first turn.

Also if you keep failing the race, come back to the main screen and race again you get slower cars this isn't a bug it's the way E.A. has designed the game cause they know not everyone is at or will be at the same level.

Hope this helps you win and if you like the post don't forget to grant XP. If you think someone else helped you please solution offer your request. Thanks in advance.

Message 4 of 9 (4,837 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

So true, sad enough all they want is for you to spend as much money as possible and they don't care about your complaints.

the audi is waiting for you because me and a lot off other guy's did win the challenge and the audi but i can relate to your problem with the way this game has been developed. It started out as a great game but ever since last year it's just become a moneymaker for the Firemonkeys and if you like it or not .....they don't give a r@ts@ss,

Message 5 of 9 (4,806 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Just Skip for 6 gold. I too couldn’t do it, and I just pressed that skip button.
Message 6 of 9 (4,343 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hockenheim race can be done, it took me a few goes, but it takes braking to the corner and flat out everywhere else. These are hard challenges, and yes I agree, totally stupid, but it is a learning thing. Just take time to go a few times through it to work out where to go fast and where to be careful. Harder races await, my friend, 

Message 7 of 9 (2,976 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

The problem with that is it will cost heaps to upgrade, especially if you are racing a loan car, like further into the challenge with the Koenigsegg R. Very pricey for a car you don’t own yet.

Message 8 of 9 (2,975 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@hellowillowillow The entire game is way too pricey lol...upgrades to rewards is a joke
Message 9 of 9 (2,900 Views)