Online Multiplayer Observations/ Complaints

by HULK7WGX

Original Post

Online Multiplayer Observations/ Complaints

★ Guide

Okay, so FM have long stated the "ghost" cars were due to poor player connection.

So, if that is the case, why is it in the last few weeks I have not seen these "ghosts" like I used to(except for those running the Dubai/Suzuka shortcuts)?

FM have stated that their points system is fair, but yet, when I reach 1000, seldom do I get pitted against with others even close to my "rating"?

How can the same 0.01% of racers always get the prizes?

Why arent FM doing something about the obvious shortcuts/exploits in Dubai, Suzuka and Nuremberg?(there could be others I am not aware of.)

In what other competition are you penalized for a podium finish? (DRCE not included!)

The only part of the game currently playable is OMP.

I can get around hucksters that always try interfere with your progress whilst racing, but I'll never get around the unfair/biased "rating" system that seems to benefit so few over the many. I really don't like complaining. But if gold could be more evenly earned, then there'd be no real issue.

The same people every week take the gold in OMP.

How can that be if the game is "real life" and "balanced"?

Message 1 of 16 (4,994 Views)

Re: Online Multiplayer Observations/ Complaints

★ Guide

Oh, and what's with poor/no headlights at Nuremberg and Le Mans? How can FM get it so wrong in so many ways?

FM seem to favor cheats/hackers in the game.

If I was inclined(which I am, not), I'd root my droid and run the apk hack for the game.

Come on guise, you can do better than this

Message 2 of 16 (4,931 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Not even trying to compete anymore because the terrible experience, cars going sideways and still seem to pass you without loosing grip or speed while youre not able to keep it on track because of the drivers that push you off. No thanks no fair play at all.

Message 3 of 16 (4,922 Views)

★ Guide

Since the rest of the game is all but unplayable, Ive been OMP racing a lot this last week.

FM state this;

How does the Online Rating system work?

The number of points that you have added or removed to your rating points upon completing an event will depend on the difference of your rating to your opponents, as well as your placement.

If you beat other players that have a lower rating than you (are not as skilled as you), you will receive less points for beating them. Likewise, if you beat a player that is more highly skilled (has a higher rating than you) you will earn much more for that race

The above is demonstrably not only incorrect, but a lie. Being constantly pitted against others with a much lower rating then me is all the time. Beating those with a much higher rating and getting single digits points is all the time. People over 1200 points backing out before the race begins to only then be placed first happens all the time.

Firemonkeys really need to overhaul OMP to have some real balance. The same roster of 0.01% of racers always take the top 100. Whilst I am not the best of the best, I know * for sure that the points systems is clearly geared for a few over the many.

If more racers actually had some chance of earning 500 gold etc every week, the howling about prices for cars/upgrades would soon go away.

OMP is about as realistic as The Lochness Monster

Message 4 of 16 (4,880 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I totally agree on the point system being completely messed up.  I have been leading a racing completely in first the entire race and when it's over a racer with some high point is first ahead of me?  How is this possible?  plus I can race a bunch of races and only gain <100 points and in one race get pushed off the track by some punk and lose almost all of it in one race?  Not fair in my opinion plus how can you finish 2nd and lose point anyways?  You should gain points no matter what in 1.2.3 place. also if I am in a race and all the competition quits during the race I only get 10points but if I leave like they do during a race I lose large amounts of points?  Why don't I get credit for their points on my win I didn't make them leave?

I could go on and on about how much cheating and bad sportmanship has ruined what could be the shining star of this game and the cheaters always get the gold.

Sad that the just don't make everyone a ghost and be done with it, at least you have a fair shot at finishing the race.

Message 5 of 16 (4,853 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Maybe if they allowed racers to red flag a race so the results can be looked at and if someone used a shortcut they would not win and if multiple offenders can be banned.

If you make a mistake I understand thats different then cutting off sections of track.

Still aggravating that people push you off the track and then you lose points.   Ghost's for everyone makes it a fair race and then you would see a different group of people at the top every week.

There has to be a way you can review the races and see if its latency or cheating on our end that makes it appear we won by passing every player and racing to the finish line 1st only to come in 2nd,3rd or worse.

Please address OMP this can really be one of the best assets in the game.

Thanks 

Cheers

Z

Message 6 of 16 (4,840 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Catching out cheaters isnt easy. BUT, there are times when you just know what is about to happen.

Just ran in OMP B-league at Dubai. We all take off and mid first lap I could see one of the indicators of a ghost off track to the left. So, I am in first, then it says 2nd(even though) nobody had passed me) then 1st, then 2nd. I knew the offt-track car was using a cheat, not a shortcut.Now I understand the current assist issues have effected my lap times by about 10 seconds, but to be beaten with such a margin is impossible by way of me leading the whole race, never went off track, skidded etc etc. Pretty much flawless laps

Here is the end result, I finish 1st, get pushed back to 2nd and the cheat ran  some 30 seconds faster than everyone else.

I hope the guy, his team get punted for clear cheating.

Start catching these clowns and post SS of their cheating

Message 7 of 16 (4,818 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_Archi Can you please let whoever needs to see this know about these cheaters.  Check out @HULK7WGX post and I will try to get some screen shots of these  I usually Report Livery anytime someone cheats in a race and I see them cut corners.  There has to be a way we good drivers can red flag a car and have the replay looked at if that is possible.

Thanks

Cheers

Z

Message 8 of 16 (4,809 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yeah OMP is HORRIBLY buggy. So very often You'll battle with someone for first place, cross the finish line first, but you'll get 2nd! This has happened at least 3 or 4 % of the time. Also laggy people blocking you etc is a problem. they need to be way more aggressive with their no contact "ghost" mode, but most of the time I only see it engaged when someone cheats for example on Dubai and cuts across.... also sometimes there are "corner cutting penalties" that clearly shouldn't happen if you spun out and come back on track, you did not gain any time, often you'll get one anyways.

Also, when there is one slot left and that person is taking forecver to connect .... BOOT THEM!  If it's 1/8 people, you can decrease the kick time safely!

Message 9 of 16 (4,779 Views)

★★ Novice

I prefer the ghost players because at least they can't wreck your race. Omp=Piece-of-..it

Message 10 of 16 (4,716 Views)