Re: Ned help with Nascar track Richmond speedway the last race

by Bulljay0311

Original Post

Ned help with Nascar track Richmond speedway the last race

★★ Novice
the last race is there a trick i have not picked up on?i drive my arse off and the only one i cant get above 17th place.. Every other race is a 1st place
Message 1 of 10 (1,028 Views)

★★ Guide

Need more information ...

Are you referring to the Gauntlet or a normal race series?

Message 2 of 10 (1,018 Views)

★★ Apprentice

If it's the last ra e in nascar talent tour, the 15 lap one I can't win it no matter what I do, I've tried turning round and crashing into them and also losing numerous other races to the point my car is close to needing a service but that doesn't seem to be helping in any race for me so I've given up, it's the last race I need to complete the series but can't get anywhere near top 5 nevermind 1st and my car is maxed!

Message 3 of 10 (1,009 Views)

★★ Guide

I don't do (condone) the "turning round and smashing into every other car" routine, it's mildly amusing the first time to see all the AI cars wandering haphazardly all over the track but I don't think it's the right way to win a race.

I don't know what to suggest. I assume you've upgraded the car? My tip for Richmond is to (neary) always go on the inside line right at the start of the race move to the inside, occasionally there's a pile-up on the second half of the first lap or the first half of the second lap which (if you avoid it) gives you a few places, don't go off-track as you'll lose too much speed, tuck up inside or close on the corners, and just keep overtaking on the inside line on the corners and straights. Be careful of the AI cars, their line is outside on the straights, inside on the corners, and they don't care if you're there, they'll just run into you! Apart from that, just good luck.

Message 4 of 10 (999 Views)

★ Guide

Regardless of those who say they don't "condone" racing against the grain to win if that is the only way the Monkees will allow you to win then you do what is necessary.....I drive the first lap in reverse direction and try and ram at high speed the first few cars....stick around in the pile for a few moments.....sometimes it isn't until the last few laps that you catch up but it works for me 90%+ of the time......with a fully upgraded car and 2200 hours playing this game it was the only way I could win the long Richmond NASCAR races.

Message 5 of 10 (982 Views)

★★ Guide

Fair enough, I wasn't being judgemental, maybe "condone" was the wrong word to use, sorry.

As I've previously written, I''m not a big fan of the oval tracks and Richmond is the worst.

That said, I plugged away at that track, sometimes it just felt wrong from the first lap and I gave up ... come back another day and it all seemed to click and I'd do 2 or 3 Richmond events in a row and win them all, very odd.

I've now given up the NASCAR events as I've completed all the series I can and the remaining car-specific series (those two pages with 4 car series each) I'm PR'ed out and am unwilling to spend the hundreds of Gold required to upgrade the cars to then win a few Gold in return ... pointless.

Good luck.

Message 6 of 10 (963 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

going reverse 1 round and crash is one option, 

riding inside line is always a good 1 on richmond, beside that brake a bit earlier before the corner and then relase the brakes  makes your turn  better instead of slipping and sliding  out of the corners

Message 7 of 10 (921 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Hi SPWD,

Have you managed to win this race yet?

Ok, here's what I did ...

Car PR 54-55.

As I already wrote, go straight to the inside line on the straigtht and head for the corner apex.

Brake and coast into the corner, stay on-track, get up inside some cars and accelerate out of the corner ... that's the recipe for both corners, every lap.

There's occasionally a massive pile-up on the second lap, stay on the inside and you should avoid this, it will gift you a load of places.

Once the herd has thinned out a bit, start driving towards the outside of the track on the straights as it will give you better traction off the corner and more speed ... you should be able to hit about 160mph down the straights before turning in and braking for the corners ... brake towards the corner in a straight line but not through the corner as you'll slide.

Just keep picking them off ... if you haven't got them all before the end of the race then you'll probably catch up with the backmarkers being lapped, this occasionally holds up the lead guys and allows you to nip past.

Good luck.

Message 8 of 10 (916 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thanks Nick I'll give it a go!

Message 9 of 10 (907 Views)

★★ Novice

That's the part I hate the most. Do we SERIOUSLY have to go backwards and then win from there? Also, I'm wondering whether or not it's easier in online TSM mode or offline mode. My guess is TSM because the multiplayer cars could slow down the bots themselves, but it's only a guess.

Message 10 of 10 (747 Views)