Impossible "free" cars and greed. Real Racing 3

by Wizardnil

Original Post

Re: Impossible "free" cars and greedit will cost less to just buytuRea

★★ Apprentice
Good thread,well said,easy to comprehend. Bottom line play or pay. Good job Nick.
Message 11 of 23 (2,428 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I spent over $4000 minimum at least on gold and cash this game sucks you dry I would at least like some free gold in return
Message 12 of 23 (2,416 Views)

★★ Guide

Noggarely,

I hope that was a typo. $4,000. Four Thousand (US) Dollars. That's madness! Real Racing 3 has been around for about 3 years so, even if you've been playing it right from the start, that means you'd have to spend more than $25 a week on this game! That means that you could be buying moe than 1000 Gold every week! How!?!

About a year ago I had some spare time and I was a bit hacked-off about the number of Gold-only cars and upgrades so I built a spreadsheet listing all cars and upgrades which I still needed, it came to about 25,000 Gold to complete the game which, at £80 for 1019 Gold, equates to about £2,000 OR farming for Gold for 5 years without any further additions to the game ... which there have been, LOTS! So, I'm scratching my head trying to work out how you could have spent $4,000 on this game.

As per another couple of my posts on this website, I have spent £20 (about $30) on this game, £12.99 for 1019 Gold when it was on special offer (about 2 years ago) and £6.99 when I had 15 minutes to complete a challenge to win the old Ferrari racing car and I didn't have enough Gold to quick-service the car. That's it, I've spent no other money on this game. I I've accepted that there are a few cars and upgrades that I can't get ... over the last year I've added a few of the cheaper Gold-only cars (e.g. Lamborghine Muira, Aston Martin N430, etc) when I've farmed enough Gold but the more expensive cars (e.g. Toyota LMP1, Lamborghini Veneno, La Ferrari, etc) will have to wait. And, before you ask, no I'm not playing this game non-stop, I normally play (a Le-Mans 10-lapper) once a day, maybe a bit more when there's a challenge. I just enjoy the game for what it is, the best racing game on the iPad.

With all due respect, I think you need to become a better player/racer and accept that you can't have every car/upgrade OR stop playing!

Remember, it's only a game.

Nick

Message 13 of 23 (2,405 Views)

★★ Guide

Hi Noggarely,

A couple of apologies.

My email was probably more of a lecture, that wasn't my intention, sorry about that.

Also, I confused myself with the price of Gold, here in the UK it's £80 for 1019 Gold, I'm guessing it's about $100 for 1019?

You still seem to have spent way too much money but it's nowhere near as much Gold as I originally thought.

What are you spending all that money on? If it's for Gold, what are you using the Gold for?

I hope you improve at the game which should reduce your reliance on (buying) Gold.

The game is definitely a lot easier to play on a larger-screened device (e.g. iPad) than a phone.

Seriously, as per a few other posts, all of the challenges are do'able by farming the Gold available from playing the Le Mans 10-lapper(s) once-a-day and getting the daily bonuses every day and then using R$ and that Gold to upgrade the challenge car and maybe skip one or two of the more difficult events ... I think I've Gold-skipped one event since Gauntlet 1. I try to start the challenges with about 300 Gold which has been plenty for the last few challenges, immediately do all of the available R$ upgrades and then sparingly use Gold for further upgrades making sure I have about 100 Gold left just in case there are any tricky events which I'll need to skip. On the recent Track Day Domination I started with about 300 Gold, I applied some of the cheaper Gold-only upgrades and all the available R$ upgrades, I skipped no events and finished with 190 Gold!

If you need any tips on playing, ask away.

Good luck.

Nick

Message 14 of 23 (2,398 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Hey nick, what's up. I'm running the yr.3 gauntlet and I swear this is a scam. I'm on challenge 13 or 14 and my car pulls left in a turn to the left, I slam the wall, lose the challenge . I'm OK with that, but then they want 15 gold for a retry. Now that's B.S. and to top it off, you only get one, then it's back to square one. Now i'my just curious about challenge 25. What will that cost, 125 gold? I like this game but not that much. Just to do the cash upgrades on the Porsche cost me TWO AND A HALF MILLION R$. There are those OUTRAGEOUS COSTS. Now I know EA/FM got a good thing going on and they're definitely entitled to make a buck off me but I get a little pissed when they want to make a million. This game is like heroin to a wannabe racer and I would not recommend it to anyone, in fact I think I will go bad mouth the * out of them on FB. If I wasn't hooked I would uninstall. GREED GREED GREED I hope it bites them in the a$$. I'm old, on a fixed income and this sucks.
Message 15 of 23 (2,377 Views)

★★ Guide

Hi Ray.

I've been busy today so haven't even looked at it yet, I planned to start Gauntlet 3 over the weekend, then I'll respond with my opinions and maybe create a new Gauntlet 3 Update post. Have a good weekend mate ... and calm down, as I keep saying, it's only a game!

Nick

Message 16 of 23 (2,373 Views)

Re: Impossible "free" cars and greed. Real Racing 3

★★★★ Novice

Read my comment on your "outrageous cost" post(one of the last to comment). 

@reredlohyar wrote:
Hey WIZ, read my post (outrageous cost), don't worry about getting your R $ or gold back. You won't. These guys are full of greed I say all they care about is making a buck, they got this set up to make you spend and not just a little. They are getting probably close to a hundred and 50 or 200 dollars for a stinking little fake car that they charge 7 ,8 or 9 hundred pieces of gold for. Nobody can stockpile and save up that gold. I don't own any cars that cost over about 240 gold. I can't afford them. I'be been at this for 2+yrs and still playing. I love this game. You run the races that have the big payouts and stockpile gold and R $ until you have enough to buy . Never spend for the extra BS. You don't need paint you don't need vinyl nothing if it don't make you go faster. Now I ain't saying I haven't spent real money playing, I have. Maybe 100 bucks a year but I just call it entertainment funds because this game IS entertainment. But the bottom line is that these people at EA/FM are making bank on this game they have got to be. I told them greed is one of the deadly sins and they need to lower costs a bunch so us regular folks can play too. Good luck, and forget about a refund.

Message 17 of 23 (2,370 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I never hit the retry button, I just quit the event and start over. You pay gold when you want to continue no matter the cost, so complaining about it is the same as complaining because you need to pay 40 gold to "skip" a normal challenge because you're not good enough.

Once you quit the challenge, you start from event one but your banked points remain there. Unlike regular challenges where you need to buy some upgrades with gold, It is totally possible to complete the whole Gauntlet challenge without spending ANY gold, if you just buy all the R$ upgrades and keep quitting when you lose.

Also, try not to lose so you can complete the event faster. Use your skills and perseverance, not your gold.

Message 18 of 23 (2,365 Views)

★★ Guide

It's as if the people making thee complaints haven't competed in the first two Gauntlet challenges. The rules are exactly the same. As Faque3 wrote, and as we all found out during the first Gauntlet challenge, if you restart you get to keep all your banked points.

Come on guys, stop moaning so much about this game ... which can (mostly) be played for free.

Good luck to everybody on Gauntlet 3 ... I hope you all succeed and get to enjoy the 2015 Porsche 911 racing car.

Have a good weekend.

Message 19 of 23 (2,356 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If you want to get your R$ and Gold back then you should contact Firemonkeys. However, it would be very hard to persuade them as it is your fault for wasting it and that you have got experience now and that you won't do it next time!

Message 20 of 23 (2,349 Views)