Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Ultimate underpowered?

by RevanSouer

Original Post

Highlighted

Ultimate underpowered?

★★★★ Novice

Hi, is it just me or is the Ultimate on the Ranger totally underpowered? 

Really struggling to kill anything on GM2, even red bars that are Primed. 

Is is it just me, my set up or does there need to be a buff? 

Message 1 of 10 (552 Views)

Re: Ultimate underpowered?

★★★★ Novice

Prepatch > Ranger's ult does 2x less damage than a storm
Postpatch> Ranger's ult still does 2x less damage than a storm

So yes it's underpowered. That's why we are able to charge it every few seconds. Would be OP if we have both the quantity and quality.

Message 2 of 10 (526 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Its power based, and blast based, if you are running impact build, your ulti would be weak, still good asssaver and capable single target dmg.

But try blast build with ultimate boost universal component, ultimate consumable, get 700+ power and your ulti will be doing 100k+ per hit which is just insane. Lesser titans down on 1 ulti.

I think its the strongest ulti among all javellins, you just need to know how to max it, also try to use against smaller number of strong targets so it does not spread its dps on too many targets..

Message 3 of 10 (515 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the tips, any advice on gear or/and weapons. At the mo I’m just trying to gather all Masterworks then once I have a decent build crafting more desirable stats. 

Message 4 of 10 (511 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So the ranger ultimate is not meant to detonate? 

Message 5 of 10 (487 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I thought it was, but it’s not at the moment 

Message 6 of 10 (478 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I would like to hope that making it detonate would make the ultimate stronger too.

Message 7 of 10 (461 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Combo, Ultimate, Melee, and Weapon Proc damage are currently all scaling on average equipped item quality.

That means removing anything that's not a Legendary and just leaving those spots empty actually results in a large damage increase for your Combo/Ultimate/Melee/Weapon procs even though your gear score goes down.

The game makes you have items equipped in the Assault Launcher and Grenade slots, 1 weapon, and 1 component.  So if you have a Legendary item for each of those 4 slots and un-equip everything else, your Combo/Ultimate/Melee/Weapon proc base damage will be capped out.

The Ideal setup for Ultimate damage is:

1) a Legendary Weapon with a proc - Ralner's, Yvenia, Divine Vengeance (maybe pyrrhic victory and siegebreaker?  Not sure if those effects do damage)

2) a Legendary Victor's Resolve component

3) a Legendary Emergency Power component

4) a Legendary Last Argument

5) a Legendary Tactical Onslaught

and use ultimate damage consumables.

With just those 5 Legendaries, your Ultimate can do almost 2 mil damage.

Message 8 of 10 (422 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie

unfortunately the damage is associated with blast damage. In Terms of playing style, you have to choose between going for the ''ultra build'',  using primers + last argument as detonator and blast components, resulting in fast and deadly ultras, or...well, i dont think the other options match, and that need a change. investing on impact damage you will get decent single target damage, but extremely weak ultimate, long cooldowns and no particular advantage to compensate the lack of damage of your ultra, IMO. Sorry for the bad english, im not a speaker at all.

Message 9 of 10 (410 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My ranger i 675 power level and im using the combo damage, weapon damage, blast damage, ult damage and the buffed broken one "10- hit increases ult charge by 3. They buffed it n broke it at the same time, even tho it says "10-hit increase ult charge by 3" it only charges the same as it did b4 it was buffed.  I just run scar stronghold on GM3 and my ult was hittin harder parts for 50-60k on everythin and the weakpoints for 100k. I have got 2-3 gear pieces that increase ult, bout 30-40% in total, its good damage, no need for a buff. What you need is weapons, gear and components with inscriptions that have the suit icon next to them, the ones you want are A)  +x% ultimate dam, B) +x% dam and C) +x% blast damage. A if you can try to prioritise "B,C,A". B increases all damage that your javellin does, C will increase your frag grenade and your ult and if you use it the "truth of tarsis" (all do blast damage) then A ult dam only powers your ult. Its quite the grind to get all gear with 1 of these inscriptions but crafting can help a little bit, 

Message 10 of 10 (380 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help