Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Ranger needs AOE Help

by AcKilleeZ

Original Post

Ranger needs AOE Help

★★★★ Novice

So I noticed that when setting up Combos, the other Javelins are able to do this to get fast AOE kills. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do this in Ranger, and I don't think it's possible. I'm noticing as I level up and start playing on higher difficulties that success is dependent on fast AOE kills which Ranger simply cannot do without having the benefit of creating this AOE Combo. I get we're supposed to be in a team, but I'm not always in a team and I like playing the critical path/contract missions solo so I can focus on the story that's being told.

I also get why we want to make the Assault Launcher the detonator component and not the melee strike, but that limits Ranger to single-target Combos, which isn't doing it any favors. I know grenades an be used, but that seems to be sacrificing my ability to still create AOE damage (see Seeker/Fire grenade which I like a lot because I am more dependent on weapon kills than gear kills). If I try to build an Elemental Ranger, what ends up happening is that I'm sitting there forever spraying everything with acid or hitting things with the sword (which I notice can prime more than one target) and then either lighting off a single (one) missile or tossing a frag grenade and running for my life. Also the fire grenades, I can prime the targets but it seems like I can only get one combo at a time where as Colossus can just smash the ground and she gets combos on everyone.

Also Gear cooldowns can be improved. I was just in a mission and I noticed consistently when I had enemies primed my detonator would be on cooldown longer than the target would stay primed, so I wound up having to use my guns more. I run out of ammo a lot doing this.

Message 1 of 2 (247 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Ranger needs AOE Help

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Ranger is small area AOE, meaning you have to wait for groups to cluster. If you want a larger area AOE then you really need "Truth of Tarsis" sniper.

Message 2 of 2 (164 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help