Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Javelin popularity says it all

by Cesmode8

Original Post

Re: Javelin popularity says it all

★★★★ Novice

I main a Ranger. So far it's my favorite to use. My ranger is 668 Power.I primarily have him set up doing combos on single targets. Kid of has a war machine look to him. I do a lot of freeplay in GM1/GM2. I can take out some titans by myself in GM1 freeplay. I hold my own and sometimes outperform my squad in legendary contracts and strongholds.

Next, I like storm. this one is my weakest at power level 510. I usually play this when my squad is uses a couple rangers/colossus. Interceptor would be next, and then colossus, which mine are both 533. Colossus just feels too clunky. I'm really trying to like it.

Message 11 of 14 (237 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Popularity ranking from my experiences on PS4:

1. Storm
  2. Interceptor
  3. Ranger
  4. Colossus

I went with the Colossus as my main Javelin through the story line and it was my first to masterwork level.  Oddly, while I ranked it least popular, five out of the seven guys I run a lot of games with had also mained the Colossus.  However, in missions, outside of those guys, I see the Colossus the least.  I've been working on my Ranger Javelin, and have been having a lot of fun with it.  Way different than Colossus, still contributes to group play, but not top dps, and a wrong move can get you 1-2 shotted.  My Ranger is masterwork now, so I'll probably start working on the Storm, as it is actually played the least (after Ranger) out of the guys I run most stuff with.

Edit:  I have been seeing a few more Rangers lately, and I actually had one match made GM1 Temple of Scars run with all Rangers.  I was worried at first, but we actually did very well.

Message 12 of 14 (210 Views)

★ Guide

dunno...at gm2+ i rather cant find any storms tbh. ceptor and storm seem to need a buff into endgame rather i find. personally i do very good in gm2 (690)

Message 13 of 14 (207 Views)

★★★★ Novice

That's because everyone thinks Ranger is not as good as the other 3 but let me tell you I played Ranger in the demo I have all 4 javelins at 660+ my Ranger being main at 678 and a good Ranger is very valuable at end game hell just being able to drag mobs to a downed teammate and reviving them by doing a quick combo is reason enough to bring a Ranger to the fray! Just wish our melee was fluid like intys instead of it being like trying to whack a pinata with a blindfold on lol

Message 14 of 14 (179 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help