Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Javelin popularity says it all

by Cesmode8

Original Post

Javelin popularity says it all

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Im noticing that out of the four javelins, Ranger seems to be under represented.  Ive been in a mission with three colossus or 3 storm.  Ive been in a mission with two interceptors.  Very rarely do I see another Ranger in a group with me.

While I like playing the under represented archetypes in games, the reason being in this game says it all: Ranger feels boring and generic, no identity to the class, Master of none.  

I had a blast (no pun) playing Storm last night, it was almost too easy but very satisfying to blow up multiple targets with ease and comfort.

I have fun from time to time with Colossus smashing everything, detonating combos everywhere, staying alive longer than most.  

I would hate to play one of these two and just be another dime a dozen storm or colossus but Im thinking I may have to because currently their gameplay is a bit more satisfying than struggling with the Ranger.

In order, how do you rank the most popular javelins based on the group compositions you've been paired with? 

Message 1 of 14 (1,278 Views)

Re: Javelin popularity says it all

★★★★ Novice

To be real honest, I've had evenings with 3 storms, I've had evenings with 2 rangers and a storm, or 3 rangers and a storm.  Last night I had only 1 or 2 colossus out of the 6 groups in the strongholds i played.

In terms of popularity based on how much time i've dropped in:

1. Storm

2. Ranger

3. Interceptor

4. Colossus

This is in the basis of my play experience

Message 2 of 14 (1,241 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Once you get above 400+ GP you don't see many Rangers.

Message 3 of 14 (1,231 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Wanna know what's meta? Wanna knows what's out of balance? Get on YouTube. Literally every youtuber I've seen who plays anthem is running storm. Cause you can buff those sheild to tank hits and those abilites to level entire battlefeild in one blow

Message 4 of 14 (1,143 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I really like the Interceptor. You have to stay mobile and if your storm is setting up primers you can use detonators and combo all day. That being said, I've played each one. I think Storm comes on the heels of the Interceptor (Also in most frequently seen in groups). I know it's by design, but the Colossus just feels slow and clunky. When my Interceptor gets hemmed in by mobs I can usually take some down AND bust outta there with enough health to hide for a minute. The Colossus feels like when you're the center of attention, you just can't really roll out. Shield slam component won't work if you can't sprint out of the situation, Flamethrower kills mobs but when it runs dry that's precious time taking damage it can't afford. 

And on to the Ranger. Played it after hours on my Interceptor and I'm literally standing still most of the time, hammering away with guns, and occasionally tossing a grenade. The Ultimate is badass, but even if you're wanting to target mobs pretty far away, the field of view you get is too small. I don't feel like I'm able to bust out combos where others have applied a state nearly as much as I can on the Int. I don't feel like I'm able to apply states fast enough, and I usually end up shooting everything so its easier for others to kill. It doesn't hover well, and it doesn't really feature anything that makes it stand out. On the other hand, they do describe it as a middle of the road balance of offensive and defensive abilities. 

Message 5 of 14 (1,129 Views)

★★★ Guide
I have the other effect. I get storms or rangers paired with my interceptor
Message 6 of 14 (1,105 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm starting to think Ranger is just a shooter and testing dmg/blast builds, using components to buff dmg and jets ( no need for armour / shields) - with a few Sigils thrown in. Also good rolls on abilities to buff dmg too, have a few MW with 100+% dmg which is working. Just need that dam Led Truth of Tarsis sniper now. Nerd

Message 7 of 14 (1,063 Views)

★★★★ Novice

1. Storm

2. Ranger

3. Interceptor

4. Colossus

This would be more accurate for ps4. I have never seen a pub playing colossus other than my wife.

Message 8 of 14 (908 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Yea, I was playing with a buddy who was in a Storm last night and he was two shotting Titans with his dual ultimates. When there are two Storms on a mission with me, I rarely even get into the fight as they AOE everything down to nothing before I get a shot off. What's the point of being a strong single target damage role when the AOE classes don't leave anything behind to target?

I realize the Ranger is a Jack-of-all-trades kinda suit but, damn, this is downright silly. This Javelin needs to serious work done to it. Our inscriptions suck, bulwark shield, muster point caps at Epic?

Message 9 of 14 (770 Views)

★★★★ Novice

That’s funny just finished some gm3 and there were two rangers a storm and colossus . Then the round before that 3 rangers and a colossus and we cleared a gm3 legendary contact. 

There’s plenty of rangers in the late end game. 

Message 10 of 14 (752 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help