Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Improve my build or suggest a better!

by Zixus

Original Post

Improve my build or suggest a better!

★★★★ Novice

Hello everyone!

As the title say i would like some feedback on how to improve my ranger. Maybe you guys have some awesome suggestions i could learn from or maybe this thread might serve as inspiration to others. Well, to give suggestions you guys need to know how im currently equiped and im gonna give a short explanation to why im using what i use.

I am focused on a weapon elemental build with shield break potential (E) and decent AoE. A few items is empathised on survival. Playstyle is simple but effective. Focusing on using weapon/proc and detonate with E on cd. On larger packs aoe prime with melee and detonate with Q. Ulti when ready (which is often) since Q and Badge of Devastation fills it up quite quick.   

[A] = represents it affects everything. [*]= represents weapon or gear effect only

Weapons

MW Ralner's Blaze:  [A] +15% Elemental dmg, +14% E speed,  [A] +18 weapon dmg.

On the contrary on what many use Ralners for (range prime) im only use it for its damage potential. The white dmg is pathetic with around 1k per hit (on average without weak point) but the fire proc hits for between 40-50k on average. Thats a insane DPS increase every 5th shot compared to non proc weapons. Also fire does 25% extra dmg against shields which is the biggest problem in GM3 imho.

LG Artinias Gambit: [A] +27% dmg, +75% armor.

The bonus effect on the weapon is useless and basicly a stat stick for the extra allround 27% dmg. But it have relative high white dmg and RPM making it decent against fire immune enemies and others like buildings or objects.

Gear (double detonator for survivability)

LG Avenger’s Boon: [A] +18% gear speed, [*] +225% gear dmg.

By far the best assault launcher in my opinion. The shield break potential is amazing that is by far the most anoying thing in GM3. Its also a detonator and have relative short CD making it available quite frequent. Should note that i havent found a LG Ember’s Lace to try with since it stacks with fire/elemental dmg. Might hurt survivability since it cant detonate.  

LG Last argument: [A] +29% dmg, [*] +50% gear dmg.

I like this one since its one of few AoE abilites available for rangers. Its a detonator for increased survivability and the extra effect can sometime fill the ulti bar on one enemy pack. Been looking at The Gambit, but fire and ice dont mix well making it subpar.

Components.

LG Airborne Advantage: + 43% luck

Was my first LG and used it pre-patch where weapon proc dmg was low and rangers had to focus on increasing impact dmg. When i look at it now i realise its quite bad for my build but it have a few things thats good. Impact stacks with Avenger’s Boon. Being LG it increase proc and ulti dmg, and it increase armor/shield.

LG Vanguards Badge: No good stats

Its a really solid choise since i use my melee to prime ALOT. The electric effect stacks with + elemental dmg. Also the bonus effect is truly useful for survivabilty.

LG Victor’s Resolve: [A] +5% fire effect

Blast dmg increase grenade and ulti which is much needed for AoE, and the small impact reduction only affects Avenger’s Boon since weapon dmg is laughably low anyway. The bonus effect can heal you up in a few sec if you dont take dmg, which is nice.

MW Badge of Devastation: [A] +13% fire effect

Basicly to boost Avenger’s Boon for shielded enemies and combos. The bonus effect for ulti is not bad.

MW Tip of the Spear: +25% ultimate speed

This is probably the most important component in all ranger builds. Even tho 60% combo dmg is nice its the bonus effect that is truly amazing and the reason i run with double detonators. Without it i would die alot more. Since its affect the whole party you can combo an enemy near a fallen comrade and they will ”ress” without having to hold F.

MW Elemental Ops: No decent stats

This is the single most important item for dmg. +50% fire on Ralner’s proc would be enough but after the patch it applies acid aswell increasing dmg even further and primes them. I think this will be mandatory in all builds since its a free vendom dart without CD and opens up for other weapons than just Ralner’s for range priming.

This is what i currently think is the best build ive tried which balance single target dmg, aoe and survivabilty in a healthy combination. What would you change in my build to make it better? Or do you use completly different weapons/gear/components that works well for GM3? Please let me know.

Thanks for reading and any suggestions!

Message 1 of 4 (451 Views)

Re: Improve my build or suggest a better!

★★★★★ Novice

Fire damage causes -25% against shields, but is strong against armour

With that in mind, you could change the Artinia's Gambit for a decently rolled Thunderbolt of Yvenia (marksman rifle) for a second elemental proc, and lightning damage to strip shields really quickly(+50% against shields, weak against armour).  With a good rate of fire it blows through shielded enemies fast, but low mag size can be an issue with the need to reload regularly

Message 2 of 4 (432 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah you are correct, its actually -25% against shields.

Thunderolt of Yvenia might be an upgrade. Problem is as always in this game to get a LG drop..that is the weapon.. that have decent stats Standard smile Ive tried the MW version but i didnt like the slow RPM and low mag size, just keept reloading. But its good advice

Message 3 of 4 (421 Views)

★ Apprentice

I run Ralners Blaze for shields and Divine Vengeance for everything else.

Ralners blaze drops shields whether its -25% or not, every 6 shots you get 50K dmg even if its 20 k its still a ton, when shields are down switch over to DV and the quick burst can do hundreds of thousands of dmg in a short time, all you have to work on is your own accuracy, i find hovering a little higher than the target at an aim point of +- 30º-40º decline (basically a double jump) helps get those headshots to roll out. if your against a fire elemental based enemy you can use your melee as it auto targets just jump/ dbl jump and melee close  to the target and in its general direction, if you are running 40% melee component usually takes 3-4 melee hits to take shield down, also makes you look relentless =P

Ive been looking at a recurring vengeance build with its 0 cooldown + 100% charge on combos with the Ralners blaze and elemental ops component might be a much better dps option all you need to work on is multiple enemy single target prime / detonate rotations. i just have unfortunately never had a Leg Rec Ven drop </3

Im dying to find some melee buff components to play on my melee build too, as melee is electric based, and electric blasts shields.

Message 4 of 4 (357 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help