Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Bulwark Shield Buff/Idea

by ShenronNacht

Original Post

Bulwark Shield Buff/Idea

★★★★ Novice

The bulwark shield needs to be buffed some kind of way to make it viable. Based on the demo and recent gameplay videos on higher difficulty levels, as soon as its up it immediately gets shreds making it fairly useless from a tactical standpoint.

Some ideas:

• Instead of having HP maybe put it on a timer with the common shields lasting shorter than obviously the higher versions of the shield.
  • Have it automatically replenish shields of all javelins inside; maybe add some health as well
  • If popped over downed javelins it repairs

This would also apply to Storm's wall as it can be shredded just as easily on higher levels. Will make a separate post in the Storm discussion

Message 1 of 4 (280 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi

I would like a timer too : this way, for rescuing a mate, or just for taking a break and wait for my shield to be back it would be useful.

As it is today, it is useless since it explodes as soon as you deployed it.

We can't use it for any situation : neither to help a mate in difficulty, nor to rescue one, nor to reload my rifle in a safe place, nor just to wait my shield to recover after having been hit.

For me, Something must be done about this ability to make it useful. And useful for the all team.

Have a nice day

Message 2 of 4 (232 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
I've been waiting to unlock and earn more things before asking for a buff.

But what I have found to be effective is placing the bubble by cover. That way when you're not firing you prevent enemies from firing into the bubble, then you can pop out and fire without receiving return fire
Message 3 of 4 (217 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I agree with this. I hardly use Z on my ranger.
Message 4 of 4 (154 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help