Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Anthem, Suggestions on making the Ranger a viable "Shooter"

by Tamakiz71

Original Post

Anthem, Suggestions on making the Ranger a viable "Shooter"

★★ Novice

I come from a long line of shooter games, and when I see guns on the cover, I assume I'm buying a shooter game. That is not the case with Anthem. From what I've gathered so far, in Anthem, the Javelin is the weapon, and the guns play more of a support role. I like this concept, I really do, but you also have realize that there will always be some grunge listening grease monkey with way too many tattoos of some girl named Amber building HIS javelin the good old fashioned way, with a big middle finger flying high, cursing out these thumb jockeys with they're ability to churn out mind blowing strings of up+down+up+X+down+double backflip+stick a toe in your nose instant death combos, all while yelling at their moms to bring them another case of 'Dew. I am not, nor was I ever one of these guys. My mind chuggs along at a milder pace, and while Anthem doesn't require the same seizure inducing acrobatics as in "the old days", it just doesn't have the satisfying feel of that across the board sniper shot that obliterates the aliens nose clean off his face, or sprinting along through cover to back blast some knuckle dragger right in the bung hole with your new legendary shotgun which you lovingly named Amber.

Now I'm not suggesting anything that would require any real amount of work. A decent programmer could probably knock this out quicker than Mike Tyson, without anyone losing an ear or breaking the game. Obviously, to keep balance, you would have to lose something to gain something. So why not lose that fancy launcher option which is necessary for combos and set ups, and instead jack on a module that adds some form of damage modifyer, or maybe even physical, blast, or elemental damage to each shot. It doesn't even have to be a multi-class option, which so many things in Anthem are not. Let that Ranger be what he has always been, a boots on the ground - rootin' tootin' - no frills - in your face - bringer of death who can stand over the corpses of his lead riddled victims, smoking his ill-b-bak stogie, and droning out the words, "war...  war never changes" 

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy. 

Message 1 of 2 (187 Views)

Re: Anthem, Suggestions on making the Ranger a viable "Shooter"

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Tamakiz71 wrote:

I come from a long line of shooter games, and when I see guns on the cover, I assume I'm buying a shooter game. That is not the case with Anthem. From what I've gathered so far, in Anthem, the Javelin is the weapon, and the guns play more of a support role. I like this concept, I really do, but you also have realize that there will always be some grunge listening grease monkey with way too many tattoos of some girl named Amber building HIS javelin the good old fashioned way, with a big middle finger flying high, cursing out these thumb jockeys with they're ability to churn out mind blowing strings of up+down+up+X+down+double backflip+stick a toe in your nose instant death combos, all while yelling at their moms to bring them another case of 'Dew. I am not, nor was I ever one of these guys. My mind chuggs along at a milder pace, and while Anthem doesn't require the same seizure inducing acrobatics as in "the old days", it just doesn't have the satisfying feel of that across the board sniper shot that obliterates the aliens nose clean off his face, or sprinting along through cover to back blast some knuckle dragger right in the bung hole with your new legendary shotgun which you lovingly named Amber.

Now I'm not suggesting anything that would require any real amount of work. A decent programmer could probably knock this out quicker than Mike Tyson, without anyone losing an ear or breaking the game. Obviously, to keep balance, you would have to lose something to gain something. So why not lose that fancy launcher option which is necessary for combos and set ups, and instead jack on a module that adds some form of damage modifyer, or maybe even physical, blast, or elemental damage to each shot. It doesn't even have to be a multi-class option, which so many things in Anthem are not. Let that Ranger be what he has always been, a boots on the ground - rootin' tootin' - no frills - in your face - bringer of death who can stand over the corpses of his lead riddled victims, smoking his ill-b-bak stogie, and droning out the words, "war...  war never changes" 

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy. 

A class that specializies in guns, considering all the other classes have fun awesome play styles sounds like I'd have to give up the Ranger as a whole. Sounds super boring. In a FPS, but a TPS doesn't really scream "Gun play" to me. I personally love the assault launcher and I have zero issues with the play style of the Ranger. Sure he could be a little stronger but his versatility is what makes him shine to me.

I'd say speak for yourself but I personally love the ranger and his feel meow. 

Message 2 of 2 (170 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help