Re: "Must be signed in to origin" PVZ Garden Warfare

by umairkhalid12

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"Must be signed in to origin" PVZ Garden Warfare

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi. I have tried all of WootCandys suggestions posted in other threads and still get the message effectively making the game unplayable.

I have Windows Standard firewall. I did have avast installed but have removed it per one of WootCandys suggestions.

I have tried the dns fix. the run in admin fix.

Both the game and origin are installed on the same drive.

I am running out of idea. Does anyone have a fix for this error? or are EA working on it as it seems I am not alone in this

Any help is welcome

Message 1 of 7 (4,070 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

So the tech logged into his computer using his account?  I don't quite understand how that test helps at all... I mean a lot of people can login, what would that test have to do with your computer/account/configuration... odd

------

If you are at a point where you think you have exhausted all possiblities....

Shrink your current Partition on your Hard Drive and install a fresh copy of windows on the newly formed partition.

Microsoft offers free download of their supported OSes with 30 day trials (that can be reset up to 3 times for 90 days).  Or they also offer a 90 day flat trial of Windows 8 Ultimate.  Windows 9 RC I bet will be coming soon too.. that'll be a free beta copy until it releases likely early 2015.

Your current windows license may work just fine too.  Just make sure it's for the same version/distribution you installed (i.e. Pro vs Home)  Depending on the license for windows it may only be good for 32bit or 64bit where retail licenses work for both.

By doing it that way your current Windows install is fine and can be booted into from the boot manager.  

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (4,568 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

sounds like i'm having the same issue, here's a link to a scren shot i took so ea could see what i was seeing.

http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac92/demonaty/demonaty001/Untitled_zps2a92dd8f.jpg

i've been going through this for over a month as it started with the game time version, and i was assured by several ea "techs" both tier 1 and tier 2 that this was a known issue for game time only taht the full retail version was fine, so i got the money together for it and bought it and low and behold same issue. tickets ran from aug16-28 with the end result being game time was gone and couldn't run the game till i bought it. it has been escalated to the developers seeing as everything they've thrown at me hasn't worked.

i've been looking here on the forums and even tried some possible fixes for it like you have, from one of the tier 2 techs that looked over everything i submitted to them i have the perfect setup to run this game and he even loggedinto my acct and logged into the game with no issues. it has something to do with the origin launcher.

here's a link to my recent thread not including the thread from help.ea thats been ongoing for well over a month now.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/pvz-gw-connection-dialog-you-must-be-signed-into-origin-to/m-p/35773...

if you find a fix or w/e tag me in your post plz so i can try it as well.

Message 2 of 7 (4,034 Views)

★★ Novice

Try this it worked out for me

1. Run CMD as administrator
then follow these commands

(without quotations)
2.1."ipconfig /flushdns" press enter

2."ipconfig /registerdns" press enter

3."ipconfig /release" press enter

4."ipconfig /renew" press enter

5."netsh winsoc reset" press enter

When you're done it should say you should restart your pc and try running the game again.

Message 3 of 7 (4,023 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Silkostrasz 

The screenshot.

Did the tech remote into your computer, sign out of Origin, sign in using his temp test account, and the game worked then?

Same computer, same origin install and all that jazz?

Am I understanding that correctly?

--------

@BC_F1sh 

Have you tried uninstalling Origin itself from Control Panel and reinstall it?

This will not uninstall the game itself.

This is a thing you can try too:

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games (or whereever it is installed)

Copy the "Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare" folder anywhere else.

Now open Origin, Uninstall PvZ, Close Origin, Uninstall Origin.

Install Origin, Close Origin, 

Copy the PvZ folder back to where you keep your Origin games.

Click "Install" through Origin, it will not download anything, it will skip the download step and go straight to installing.

((I use this method alot when testing various machines with games for both Origin and Steam, works almost all the time for Origin/Steam games, I know it works for PvZ for a fact.. unless something is corrupt I suppose))

---------

Edit

niimdA's idea is certainly worth trying.

I believe the last syntax is "netsh winsock reset"

You may also try straight up changing your DNS to 8.8.8.8 // 8.8.4.4  (google dns)

Message 4 of 7 (4,022 Views)

★★ Novice

he didn't log in remotely it was on his machine with a temp pass, and it tried what niimda suggested before and noe of it worked.

after some more digging found out i had to uninstal avast completely even turning it off still gave same results but uninstalling it completely fixed the issue, not sure why cause i really loved avast but am now using windows defender with maleware bytes.

Message 5 of 7 (4,006 Views)

Hero (Retired)

So the tech logged into his computer using his account?  I don't quite understand how that test helps at all... I mean a lot of people can login, what would that test have to do with your computer/account/configuration... odd

------

If you are at a point where you think you have exhausted all possiblities....

Shrink your current Partition on your Hard Drive and install a fresh copy of windows on the newly formed partition.

Microsoft offers free download of their supported OSes with 30 day trials (that can be reset up to 3 times for 90 days).  Or they also offer a 90 day flat trial of Windows 8 Ultimate.  Windows 9 RC I bet will be coming soon too.. that'll be a free beta copy until it releases likely early 2015.

Your current windows license may work just fine too.  Just make sure it's for the same version/distribution you installed (i.e. Pro vs Home)  Depending on the license for windows it may only be good for 32bit or 64bit where retail licenses work for both.

By doing it that way your current Windows install is fine and can be booted into from the boot manager.  

Message 6 of 7 (4,569 Views)

★★ Novice

please product key. i need product key

Message 7 of 7 (2,390 Views)