can not play PvZ garden warfare on PS4 sub accounts why not?

by airbornemac2

Original Post

Re: can not play PvZ garden warfare on PS4 sub accounts why not?

★★★ Newbie
Great! I was unaware of these problems when I downloaded this game on PS3. Now I have the same problem - a sub account that can play online on all the other games, but NO, not EA!!! Damnit people, don't you realise this is garbage?
Message 21 of 28 (3,493 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I just spent hours speaking to EA reps on the phone with this exact same issue.  I spoke to 3 different reps and none of them were aware of this issue.  Seriously need to move support back state side where people will listen to what the problem is before talking over you with awesome 'troubleshooting' steps like uninstall/reinstall.  

Currently no solution except to allow my kids to play this game from my account instead of their own.  What an enormous pain in the * for your customers.  This game was actually purchased by my son and he can't play it on his account.  After a few days without being able to play a game he paid for there is now a second generation in my home that will think twice before buying a game from EA.  

Message 22 of 28 (3,343 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This is ABSOLUTELY ABSURD!!! I was told basically the same thing so now EA gets to MAKE MORAL CHOICES FOR me and my family!!! EA YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO DO THIS!!!! YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE CHOICES FOR ME AND MY FAMILY!!! YOU ARE NOT THE MORAL POLICE!!! ILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER EA GAME AGAIN!!!
Message 23 of 28 (3,170 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is still a problem.  I cannot get my son's PSN sub-account to work with PvZ.  What a nightmare.  I contacted support, and they said they 'could not find his sub-account', and that I needed to contact Sony, even though I gave the rep the link directly to the PSN web page with his account.  He is also able to play other non-EA online games with his subaccount.  This is a zero for customer support.  They have not fixed this problem in the 3+ years it has existed, and seeming are tone-deaf to even trying.

So, I am stuck having to let him use my master account for which there are no restrictions.

Message 24 of 28 (2,940 Views)

★★★ Novice
3.5yrs after your post here and I'm having the exact same issue. Spent hours and hours today trying to get this working for the kids. EA support was a joke. I'm taking the game back tomorrow if I can't get this working tonight (already past midnight) and never buying an EA product again. What a time waster.
Message 25 of 28 (2,461 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Yep shame... My son wanted for Christmas, got on PSN for a cheap price but can't play it. Absurb they did not patch this. All this talk of offline only, can't even get to that!!! Just wont go back the loading screen.
Message 26 of 28 (2,305 Views)

★★★ Newbie

We just bought this game for my 9 year old. I checked to make sure he could play the game offline, and saw that it was listed as "online optional." Come to find out this isn't true at all! He is really upset because he has been working hard for weeks doing extra chores in order to earn enough to buy this game, and now we have to return it because he can't play it. Ridiculous.

Message 27 of 28 (1,908 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just did the same.

The packaging notes you have to be 13 for an EA account but that online is optional and the rating is E for everyone, so thats what 7+ or 10+?

Clearly false advertising and false claims, I believe we should contact lawyers and the FTC and begin a class action lawsuit against EA.

Message 28 of 28 (1,450 Views)