Unable to Connect to EA Servers for PvZ GW (I'm going crazy)

by SynestheteSnow

Original Post

Re: Unable to Connect to EA Servers for PvZ GW (I'm going crazy)

★★★ Newbie

Oh wow! I can choose from any one of five whole avatars. You're spoiling us here EA. Most other web sites would make me bring my own avatar but you don't allow that. Clearly this is the superior choice. If I could choose my own avatar I might have been distracted from how terrible the technical issues I am dealing with are. Now at least, I can stay focused on what really matters.

Why am I lashing out? You may ask. Well, I really have nothing better to do since I cannot play the game I just brought home and I cannot customize my profile. Now, I just get to wait for you to get your heads out of your darkest cavity and let me know how to connect these profiles, which there should have been a link on the account page but it doesn't exist.

Message 31 of 55 (7,963 Views)

★ Novice

Where do you set the time to automatic (on xbox 360)? I can only set manual time as it sets to automatic when i connect to xbox live!!

Message 32 of 55 (7,883 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Got PvZ GW2 for my son for Christmas and we're having the same issue... checked the clock settings on our XBOX One S, and still not working.  SOOOOOOOOOOOO FrUstrating!

Message 33 of 55 (7,828 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i need help for plants vs zombies garden warfare the first game for xbox 360 i have xbox gold and xbox live but it says i can't connect to ea servers do you have a anserw to fix this

Message 34 of 55 (7,714 Views)

★★★ Newbie

OK!!! i figured it out. it comes down to the fact for some reason your can not accept the EA privacy conditions. SO here is what you do. go buy a cheap version of madden 25 you can get it form Gamestop for like 3$. load it in and you will see an option to accept the conditions shows up. select it lg in to the EA servers I went as far as to download the roster upates. Throw PVZ back in and BOOM your playing like a champ!!!! YOU WELCOME EA

Message 35 of 55 (7,580 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please help. I've having the same problem.

I bought an xBox One and this is the only game I have...I bought an xBox Gold 12 month membership as well, and it doesn't recognize that. And it won't connect. This is the most frustrating thing I've ever done, and I'm old so I've done a lot of things.

I've tried every reasonable thing...I don't want to reset the console, will I lose all my setup? Like my wifi and everything?

This is ridiculous...

Message 36 of 55 (7,522 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Apologies for the potentially dated reply.  I solved my EA connection problem for PVZ2 PS4, and wanted to post my experience before/after.

Before:

PS4 with a valid, functioning, network connection (both wired and wireless), and a synchronized time setting on my PS4 - I was unable to connect to the EA servers.

Middle:

I verified my EA account was tied to my PS account.

I enabled port forwarding for UDP 3659, 17503, 17504,10000-20000.

The error I was getting turned to "timed out" in connection to the EA servers.

End:

I added the additional ports 17503, 17504, 42100-44325. (https://help.ea.com/ca/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/).

The initial connection sometimes times out, but the second attempt succeeds.  The game starts up and they're starting to play now.

I will probably connect a laptop inline with the PS4 to get the details on which of all those ports were required.  My kids just wanted to play the game, and doing the troubleshooting to figure out what EXACTLY is required is not high on my priority list.

Checklist:

- EA account tied to PS account 

- Add all the high order ports listed at the link provided

Good luck everyone finding what works for you.

EA - this is unacceptable.  I will be doing more research before I buy a game for my kids again from EA.

Message 37 of 55 (7,352 Views)

★★★ Newbie

EA, please give us a definitive answer on this issue. As you can see, MANY people continue to have this problem, and there is no surefire solution.

I have an Xbox one and have verified my EA/Origin login credentials. But the game cannot connect. None of the various solutions posted here have worked. What do you suggest we try next?

Message 38 of 55 (7,184 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Purchased this for my 7 year old son and same as others cannot connect to EA servers on xbox one...really frustrating. Does ANYONE have a fix yet please?

Message 39 of 55 (7,042 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So, you mean to tell me that for four years people have had this problem, and there is no solution? Can I get a refund?

Message 40 of 55 (7,026 Views)