Says I need to sign into psn

by AmberMoon93

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Says I need to sign into psn

★★★ Newbie

Everytime I try to play it says I need to sign into psn, I am not sure what to do because I am already signed into psn. I also have psn plus so I should be able to play. If anyone could help me I'd really appreciate it!  This is a brand new ps4 btw.

Message 1 of 14 (48,422 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Says I need to sign into psn

★★★★★ Pro

Are you actually logged into PSN and not just signed into a PS profile?

View in thread

Message 2 of 14 (52,356 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Pro

Are you actually logged into PSN and not just signed into a PS profile?

Message 2 of 14 (52,357 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, when I go to PSN in the settings menu it gives me the option to sign out.  I tried signing out and back in but it didn't work 

Message 3 of 14 (48,295 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just did it again and it worked! Standard smile

Message 4 of 14 (48,293 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I also can't log in because of that reason. I have a very new ps4 but not any plus- account. The first warfare i bought I discovered needed that (i'm new to the ps-world) so I bought the complete game instead, but can' play that either! I need to log in to psn and i have done that several times the last hour without effect.
My kids who have a account connecting to mine is "too young" even if the game says 7 and i graded them to se all to be able to fix this but whitout luck....
The first time we played it worked good in the single mood or maybe trainingmood? But now we locked in the "choosingmode" and only get error messages like the one above.
Message 5 of 14 (48,222 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Please reboot your console and see if that works

Message 6 of 14 (48,216 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@6503264621 

Garden Warfare is an online-only game, an active internet connection and a PS Plus account is required to play on PS4.

When you were able to play at first, this was streaming install, this is not in any way related to the actual game, it's just a world that a player is able to play in to learn characters while waiting for the game to become playable.

After getting a PS Plus account, it sounds like you will need to create a child Origin account steps are outlined in this thread: http://answers.ea.com/t5/PvZ-Garden-Warfare-Playstation/Cannot-create-an-account-due-to-being-under-...

Problem: You have a kid whose PSN account is a subaccount of your PSN account. Your PSN account is tied to an Origin account, but your kid can't play at all when logged in as themself because they aren't tied to an Origin account, which is required to play *any* mode, seemingly.

Solution: 

1) Download the Origin client for your PC or Mac. I didn't say this was going to be pretty :-) Log in as yourself, the adult.

2) Run the Origin client. Click on the button to see your Friends, then click on the button to "Add a Friend"

3) On the resulting screen, there are buttons to import Origin friends from various options, including PSN

4) Click on the button to import friends from PSN

5) Here is the important part. When you do this, it is going to ask you to log in to PSN so it can scan your friends and find friends that use Origin. The important part is: log in to the child's subaccount, not your adult account.

When you do this, it may or may not end up finding or adding any Origin friends, so if you actually care about that, be forewarned. But as a side effect, it ends up saying, "Huh. I guess that other (child subaccount) PSN account is also associated with this Origin account." So now your Origin account is tied to both the adult account and the child subaccount.

Once this is done, a really cool thing (in my opinion) happens. Not only does the child account work properly, allowing the kid to connect to Origin and play online, but it disables the in-game chat and messaging for the child account. For my purposes, this is actually really appropriate and smart. I think it is a shame that the integration is so nice, but impossible to find.

Message 7 of 14 (48,209 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi

I just has to say WTF about that :womansad:

I have spent sooo many money on that game now - first around 40$ for the game as PC-game but my computer was too old for it so I can't use it before I buy a new computer, then 20$ for a PS4 game that we missed needed ps+-account. I really thought that when I finally bought the game AGAIN for around 40$ to my only 2 months old PS4-machine I finally could play it with my kids!

But now you say I MUST have an ps+-account?! That will cost me around 5-7$ every month to have!

I don't recall I saw that was needed before I payed for it - I just saw that it was a complete game - to need a ps+-account isn't a complete game in my eyes!

Message 8 of 14 (48,204 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi again

Are you sure about what you wrote that I need ps+?

I talked to the support in my country yesterday about problem downloading the game and when I told them I had the ps+-version on a disc installed they told me I had to erase that before I downloaded the full game from the shop. They never said I propably got the same gameversion again.

And then we also has the price - the disc-version say it need a ps+-account  and it cost only half the price compared with the one I bought by internet. Why the big difference in the prices otherwice?

Message 9 of 14 (48,203 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

EA_Jenni: Will try this a nother day because the ps4 is in my sons room and he's asleep now.

By the way how do I reboot my ps4?

Message 10 of 14 (48,202 Views)