Problem logging into Origin from Xbox One as a minor

by daggerj

Original Post

Re: Problem logging into Origin from Xbox One as a minor

★★★ Newbie

What an utterly ridiculous solution! But a solution nevertheless. It worked for me. Thanks for posting!

Message 11 of 24 (4,154 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Couldn't agree more. EA why do you keep doing things like this that only serve to frustrate your users!?

Your games are great but then you always ruin them with pointless and frustrating road blocks like these.

All my son want to do is play on his own account like he can with every other game that I give him permission to play via Xbox Live, why on earth do you have to make it so difficult!!!?

Message 12 of 24 (3,896 Views)

★★★ Newbie
can honestly say I've never experienced anything like this before.. Xbox live accounts EA account . It's simple enough for 1 adult account but try to add 2 kids own accounts. Complete nightmare.. It's time these companies got it sorted and simpified. ....
Message 13 of 24 (3,787 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much! Your solution was written very well, and helped me easily overcome this annoyance.

Message 14 of 24 (3,736 Views)

★★★ Novice

Okay so this is all pretty simple actually, just get origin on your pc then make a new account with it for your kid and it will have you enter your email address to verify that your underage kid can play the game, check your email and click the verify link contained within....now go back to the xbox and when prompted to login to your origin account enter your childs information and tada it works!

Message 15 of 24 (3,714 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This also worked for PvZ GW2.

Message 16 of 24 (3,659 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Alternatively, use the create button instead of the login when prompted in the game. You'll be asked for the parents email, then create a new (linked) child account. Figured it didn't matter if my kids had multiple EA accounts - they're useless outside of playing EA games and seem to serve no real purpose other than being a complete pain (thanks for wasting my evening EA). I note this issue is still on going 2 years after it was first raised. Shame on you EA - customer feedback obviously not important to you ....
Message 17 of 24 (3,461 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Definitely not Xbox's fault; EA is horrible with this sort of thing... 

Message 18 of 24 (3,437 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Do you have the ph number you were able to reach them at?

thank you ... this has been a most frustrating xmas gift.

Message 19 of 24 (3,424 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

What Origin software are you referring to? please specify. is it a download from origin or do I have to buy the plants vs zombie game for pc and install there, this is NOT a valid option for me as I do not wish to own 2 copies of game for different platforms.. bought plantsvszombies so my daughter and I could play on xbox... and I agree with others here, WHOSE STUPID * IDEA WAS IT TO HAVE TO HAVE AN EA ACCOUNT TO PLAY GAME.  I WISH TO BUY A GAME AND PUT IN CD AND PLAY, NO STUPID ACCOUNT LINKS TO XBOX/MICROSOFT/EA OR SOME OTHER STUPID COMPANY, ANY UPDATES OR DLC SHOULD BE THE ONLY OPTION THAT POPS UP WHEN STARTING GAME.

One very frustrated parent (who is btw, an IT tech for the last 23 years) this convoluted logon/registration is assinine, PERIOD!!!

Message 20 of 24 (3,408 Views)