Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare for MAC?

by spitzfoo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare for MAC?

★★★★ Novice

When this game come out for PC, will it also be available for MAC users?

Message 1 of 20 (67,470 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare for MAC?

★★★★★ Pro

All that's been stated is Spring 2014 for PC, no other information has been released.

http://www.pvzgardenwarfare.com/

View in thread

Message 2 of 20 (68,902 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Pro

All that's been stated is Spring 2014 for PC, no other information has been released.

http://www.pvzgardenwarfare.com/

Message 2 of 20 (68,903 Views)

★★★ Newbie

why not for mac what is the problem everithing for PC and anything for mac

Message 3 of 20 (62,868 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

OpenGL vs D3D / Mantle.

No Frostbite3 engine game has came to OpenGL so I don't think this one will be the first.  If it does it's a safe bet that it wouldn't run nearly as well as it's D3D/Mantle counter part on identical hardware.

If you want to game on a Mac, boot camp is your best option even if the game natively supports OpenGL / Mac in most cases but not all.

Some Macs come with some pretty darn powerful GPUs (i.e. 680m).  Boot Camp Windows 7 or 8... those will play great.

I heard from a Mac user with an intel 5000 who said the game runs pretty stable on medium settings with a mild resolution (assuming 1366x768).  ((He boot camp'd))

AMD has always been good about *nix support so Mantle coming to *nix doesn't seem out of the question.  Quick google I didn't see anything jump out at me so I wouldn't hold my breathe for soon.... and even then that doesn't mean Mantle games will straight up work on *nix platforms but it should make it much easier for devs to make it work and/or power users to get it to work.  That doesn't take into account not very many Macs have AMD/ATi cards... some Mac desktops do but other than that you'd be hard pressed to find an AMD/ATi GPU Mac in a "regular" user's hands.

*edit

Did find stuff about SteamOS and Mantle.  So someday:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2364760/amd-wants-to-improve-gaming-in-linux-and-steam-boxes-with-its...

Message 4 of 20 (62,862 Views)

★★ Novice

i really hope they make a mac version i worked and beeged for 2 months trying to get the game turns out it's pc only right now i was mad. they need a mac version. we should make a petiotion.

Message 5 of 20 (61,986 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i petition for  PVZ: Garden Warfare to be on Mac

Message 6 of 20 (58,851 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Bootcamp man.  If they made a Mac version the Bootcamp version would play better... it's the story most of the time.

I forsee 0% chance of it coming to OSX; outside of the ways power users can get windows programs to run on any *nix.

*edit* LoL @ those views.. wow 

* This wasn't posted long after the first article:

Intel approached AMD about access to Mantle

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2365909/intel-approached-amd-about-access-to-mantle.html
This probably means nothing for current computers is my bet though. 

Message 7 of 20 (58,847 Views)

★★★ Newbie

its not fair i pre oder it on my mac then it does let me play it plus it jacked my money that unfair there`s 30 bucks i will never get back thanks originConfusedmileymad:

Message 8 of 20 (54,409 Views)

Message 9 of 20 (54,402 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@pvzlover123 wrote:

its not fair i pre oder it on my mac then it does let me play it plus it jacked my money that unfair there`s 30 bucks i will never get back thanks originConfusedmileymad:

You can also buy a car without a driverslicense but that doesn't mean you can blame the guy who sold you the car when you aren't allowed to drive it.

carbonic signature

Message 10 of 20 (54,376 Views)