Plant v zombie xbox 360 get premium content is blocked for this profile

by DoingSomeStuff

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Plant v zombie xbox 360 get premium content is blocked for this profile

★★★ Newbie

Hi

Just got Plants v zombie garden warfare on xbox 360 and having problem getting the update.

Select multiplayer and an update pack popup appeared. I confirm the purchase of the free update and then get

"premium content is blocked for this profile

to change your privacy &online settings go to settings privacy"

Looked at settings on xbox live account on the net and cannot see a setting that's jumping out at me for this.

Anyone know how to sort this out? Oddly enough it's quite annoying!

Cheers

Message 1 of 4 (8,180 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Plant v zombie xbox 360 get premium content is blocked for this profile

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

Although these updates are free, they are considered DLC and are blocked by a privacy setting on the account. 

Is this a child account? 

On the Xbox 360, you'll need to:

- Go to Settigs on the Dashboard.

- Select Privacy

View your current settings, if it's set to child, 'Purchase Content' will automatically be blocked. You can customize it by changing the settings, you may be required to enter the password.

Could also be blocked by an adult account using Family Settings.

If it's an adult account not really sure why it'd be blocked. This is a Microsoft Account issue, they would be the best people to contact in regards to account settings.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (9,686 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Hi 

Cant say i'm loving the support on this. No response from EA and the man from Microsoft suggested a few things but they didn't work either.

Sent an email to game.co.uk support now.

Thought that EA should be the ones to know the issue with this. Maybe forced to get a refund if the issue isn't fixed as cannot play the game without getting the update as it returns you to the menu.

We do have a gold account even though this does seem an odd requirement.

Any help from folk much appreciated

Cheers

Gary

Message 2 of 4 (8,072 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

Although these updates are free, they are considered DLC and are blocked by a privacy setting on the account. 

Is this a child account? 

On the Xbox 360, you'll need to:

- Go to Settigs on the Dashboard.

- Select Privacy

View your current settings, if it's set to child, 'Purchase Content' will automatically be blocked. You can customize it by changing the settings, you may be required to enter the password.

Could also be blocked by an adult account using Family Settings.

If it's an adult account not really sure why it'd be blocked. This is a Microsoft Account issue, they would be the best people to contact in regards to account settings.

Message 3 of 4 (9,687 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If you are trying to get a dlc and can’t figure it out just go to the Xbox store and search what the dlc is and download it.  I was trying to play black ops 2 and you have to have the nuke town map and I couldn’t figure out why I couldn’t download it.  My adults changed everything to allow and still didn’t work.  So I gave up, present time I tried again and no use.  But then I tried to search the dlc in the store and it popped up, downloaded it no problem.

Message 4 of 4 (5,269 Views)