PVZ.Main_Win64_Retail launch error

by kothlion

Original Post

PVZ.Main_Win64_Retail launch error

★★ Novice

Im having problems starting up the game

As soon as i launch the game from Origin this message pops up;

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the program."

Message 1 of 10 (7,554 Views)

Re: PVZ.Main_Win64_Retail launch error

Community Manager

@kothlion Hi,

This error is usually displayed when someone on a 32 bit operating system is trying to run a 64 bit program. Are you trying to run PvZ Garden Warfare on a 32 bit operating system by chance? Unfortunately, as per the minimum specs for the game, the game will not work on such.

Spoiler

Internet connection required to install and play.

Minimum
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.0 GHz
Memory: 4GB RAM
Hard Drive: 15 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA 8800GT, AMD/ATI Radeon HD 5750
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
DirectX: 10.0+
Input: Keyboard, Mouse or Dual Analog Gamepad

Source: https://www.origin.com/en-gb/store/buy/plants-vs-zombies-garden-warfare

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 10 (7,417 Views)

★★ Novice

im running windows 7 64bit so that shouldn't be the problem

Message 3 of 10 (7,395 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem running with windows7 in a x64

I can't play¡¡¡

Message 4 of 10 (7,249 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same to me.,

purchased and loadet the game via. Origin

My sys specs are:

AMD Phenom X4 940 3,00 GHz

Win7 64 Bit

Nvidia GF GTX 260

4 GB RAM

1TB harddrive

made a screenshot: https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-audu5djt6uI/U7aaMPfg1BI/AAAAAAAAAFw/indQXpYefE8/w1368-h583-no/PvZ...

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-cjQPuX0DuCM/U7aapdZEBYI/AAAAAAAAAGA/r7aWh9lx_WM/w597-h335-no/work...

what i did till now:

-replacing grafikcard driver to newest one

-replacing DirectX with the one comes with the game dl

-cleaned system from old **bleep**

-downloadet and installed new a second time

-shouting at my housplant ;-)

but nothing helps

any ideas by now?

greetings

Marcus

Message 5 of 10 (7,192 Views)

★ Novice

Hi,

Did you solve the problem? I do have the same issue here. Initially, EA support asked me to send over the dxdiag and msinfo32 text outputs. Although the error itself looks llike a 32/64bit imcompatibility error, the msinfo32 showed i had some issues with my NVIDEA driver. On request, I de-installed the driver under safe-mode and reinstalled it later. The specific error disappeard, but had no effect on the application launch error. So I'm still wondering what it is.

By the way, check on DirectX install. In case you're not sure, just run the dxsetup.exe in \Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare\__Installer\directx\redist. Secondly, check on the version of .NET Framework, it should be 4.5.1. Third, check on Virtual C++ Redistributable (x64) 11.0.60610 (thats what i have).. but still.. no luck here.

Then i found this: [ 0xc000007b - STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_FORMAT ] ,so it looks like a image error or incompatibility error. I did follow their advise to reinstall the application from Origin without any succes. I also tried to simplify and optimize the Nvidia configuration (managed 3d settings showing your installed applications where one can set antialiases and thousends of others per applications, but without any success.... again..

Anybody?

Message 6 of 10 (7,097 Views)

Run Windows Update and install all the upgrades, then try run the game, if this dont work, uninstall the game, download ccleaner and fix the registry, restart the system and re install the game.

Before Check in the game install folder for Vcredits and Directx installers and install both.

Message 7 of 10 (7,094 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@kothlion 

@mariobros1111 

@EnderWiggin666 

Please give this:

Start -> type: DXDiag -> Save Information  -> pastebin
More detailed description = http://answers.ea.com/t5/Titanfall/PC-Graphic-performance-issues-in-Titanfall-here-s-how-to-help-us/...

Crash Error details
Start -> type "Reliability" -> View Reliability History -> Find Crash -> Right Click -> View Technical Details

@EnderWiggin666 

[[looking for nv***.dll errors]]

Do you currently have them?  Can you post them for me?

If you still have those causing the crash, we should be able to fix that.

Message 8 of 10 (7,077 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for your feedback. I thought i was albe to solve the issues i had.. and i was for a moment.

I've cleaned up the registry using ccleaner, reinstalled the video driver, removed lots of Visual C++

installations, scanned for viruses, cleaned all logs and so on.

For a moment i gave me an "mcvcp100.dll missing" error, after i downloaded/reinstalled the game

completely, but this disappeared without knowning why.

After several automated Windows updates and reboots, the game is back to where it was: 0xc000007b.

dxdiag looks clean, no errors to found in the msinfo32 .. alle clean, so i really repaired my nvidea issues.

Reliability report shows a graph, but no actions reported.

So cleaning the logs was a good thing, at least i'm not confused about old errors anymore, but no

new issues are found either after all the reboots.

Tonight I'll uninstall the game for the last time and will re-download/install the game all over again.

I will report my findings, but will have a next try on a second computer which i have to install from scratch.

First a new SSD disk for OS (new install win7/64bit) and hopefully the 2.3GHz dual-core AMD processor and 4GB ram

memory will be sufficient to launch the game at least... :-)

Maybe one of you still might have some clues of where and how to look. 

To-Be-Continued..

Regards,

Message 9 of 10 (7,053 Views)

★★ Novice

https://hastebin.com/yofoqebebu.js

please I cannot give my kid the chance to play this game because at the moment I tried to start it then immediately a message of error displays at the screen...core/activation64.dll. has not found

Message 10 of 10 (3,028 Views)