Error unable to join a session. check your network connection & try again

by ThePatroness

Original Post

Error unable to join a session. check your network connection & try again

★★★ Newbie

Have had this issue for the past 3 days on both mine and my husbands xbox live accounts.  Weird thing is that it is intermittent - sometimes one of us can get in when the other can't.  Or you can get into mixed mode but not gardens vs graveyards.   Have tried all of the usual fixes - unplug router, reboot modem, restarting xbox, deleting profile off of xbox and reloading, clearing cache on hard drive, deleting title file for game but nothing seems to improve it.   Have played this game for months and have never had this issue so I don't think that it is a port issue.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 30 (6,451 Views)

Re: Error unable to join a session. check your network connection & try agai

★★★ Newbie

Same here! it doesnt matter what gamemode! i just bought this game and its now my favorite game! every time i try to join a game (xbox 360) it says found a great game, then it says ERROR Unable to join a session. Please check your network connection an try again. Is this just because its late at night and the servers arent running? because me sending this obviously shows that im connected to my damn internet.... All of my other games work....

Message 2 of 30 (6,327 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hello EA!! We are having problems here. A REPLY at least is nice... Fixing it is better.
For having Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2 combining in January, don't you think this game should work too!?!?!?!?
Message 3 of 30 (6,294 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am having the same exact problem.  I thought it was due to a new higher speed router but I called customer service for isp and they walked me through the steps to open the necessary ports and I still can not get on to any of the multiplayer modes.  GTAV Advanced Warfare BF4 Forza Horizons all work fine..... WTF EA??

Message 4 of 30 (6,189 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

What console and game modes are you getting this on?

Message 5 of 30 (6,173 Views)

★★ Novice
I'm getting same error. My boys are very disappointed. We have an Xbox 360. I also read somewhere else that 2 player campaign is not supported on 360? It says right on the box that they can. But I cannot find anyway for my kids to play together. Very disappointed in this product so far.
Message 6 of 30 (6,122 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

I'll ask again, what game modes are you getting this error on?

Do you have ports opened? http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live

@ultimatdjz

Reading the back of the box, you have to look at the color scheme of the bubbles. Provided there was split-screen it'd most likely have to be under the base 'Xbox 360' white background green text. All the green bubbles and white text are Xbox Live functionality, online only.

Xbox 360 Garden Warfare requirements

Message 7 of 30 (6,097 Views)

★★ Novice

thank you for your reply! i'm sorry i missed the question about game modes. as this is brand new for us, i know little about the game, but i know they were trying to get to the welcome mat (the game said that was the best place to start) and i probably randomly clicked on a few other options trying to figure out coop game play so they could play together. 

regarding the game play, i didn't notice the colors of the bubbles... i thought it was just contrasting colors, lmao, but that makes sense. so the only way they can play 2 player at the same time is on xbox live, which is fine, but we couldn't get the access. 

if this game uses DIFFERENT ports, then maybe they aren't open, but i've played online EA games before, and play many other online games and have never had a problem with the online game play, as far as ports are concerned. i play xbox live frequently, especially advanced warfare (i'm a junkie) and have awesome online experiences, so unless the ports are different, i would think this is isolated to this particular game. 

thoughts? 

Message 8 of 30 (6,090 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having this same issue.  When I try to join gardens and graveyards (really say mode I try), it tells me "there are no available matches meeting your criteria. Please try again later."  I even tried garden ops.  And multiple accounts.  No luck.  Please help!  Xbox one.

Message 9 of 30 (6,068 Views)

★★ Novice

Any* mode.

Message 10 of 30 (6,063 Views)