benn1nat0r's Tier List (patch 07/28)

by benn1nat0r

Original Post

Accepted Solution

benn1nat0r's Tier List (patch 07/28)

★★★★ Expert

Hello my magical non-unicorn friends! (reference to the 80`s Action hero in the zombie base that promotes your zombies)

@gametrieuk made an awesome tier list, and I promised to make my own, so here it is! I included my name in the title so you can easily differentiate the Tier list when using the search function of the forums. As far as I know, @TheSprinter85 will also make one.

I noticed my tier list and @gametrieuk's a very similar in some regards, with a few key differences.

The characters in the top broken tier need the most dev attention. Some may not be the best, but haven massively broken abilities or upgrades. (Defibrilated, Assimilation, Spell Disaster).

I put Oak in the bottom broken Tier, because Super Sap Trap doesn't work anymore after they have removed shockwave damage in the may patch. Else I would put Oak between All-Star and Sunflower.

Tier List new.png

Message 1 of 9 (895 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: benn1nat0r's Tier List (patch 07/28)

Champion

@benn1nat0r  Very good tier list. I have to agree with Citron and Engineer being in the god tier. The only reason I would suggest BB 9001 being a tier below is because of Al easily vanquishing him, and if the BB misses a plant, he is vulnerable for a short time. But it looks like you have covered all of the characters (and which tiers they belong in) very well and I am struggling with arguing with any of it. 

I suppose just one question: why do you reckon Wizard is in top-tier? Is it because of Spell Disaster?

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (860 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@benn1nat0r  Very good tier list. I have to agree with Citron and Engineer being in the god tier. The only reason I would suggest BB 9001 being a tier below is because of Al easily vanquishing him, and if the BB misses a plant, he is vulnerable for a short time. But it looks like you have covered all of the characters (and which tiers they belong in) very well and I am struggling with arguing with any of it. 

I suppose just one question: why do you reckon Wizard is in top-tier? Is it because of Spell Disaster?

Message 2 of 9 (861 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@TheSprinter85 Thank you for your kind feedback. As I said before, I not only put characters that are op in itself in the broken tier (what others call god tier), but include characters that have at least one extremely op thing about them, even if it's juts an upgrade or ability.

So yes, Gameium Crasher (Brainless Smasher), Steam Blaster, Engineer, Space Station are op like they are entirely. Wizard because of Spell disaster. Needs a damage and homing nerf, in my opinion. Electric Slide because of the Defibrilated upgrade and overall way to good Outta fight! compared to Arcane Enigma, which has been nerfed. Also, her primary deals a bit too much damage and the stun effect should be toned down considerably. Disco tornado should deal less initial damage, and more per second.

I wouldn't say Oak itself is the worst character in the game, but I made a specific bad broken category for character with abilities that simply do not work (Super Sap Trap)

As I said, normal Oak is between All-Star and Sunflower for me.

As for Brainless Smasher: I get your points Standard smile, but remember this thread of mine:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/quot-Fun-quot-Nerf-Brainium-Basher-already/m-p/9431191#...

29 vanquishes and a streak of 25. In Team vanquish, where 50 vanquishes grant the win for your team! This isn't possibly with any other character, no matter how good you are with it. The normal natural max vanquish streak for pro players and good characters in this mode is at about 12-15. 

Message 3 of 9 (847 Views)

Champion

Thank you for explaining how you made your tier list work and all that. That clears up minor confusions, such as Wizard (Spell Disaster).

Do not worry in the least: I do not think Brainium Basher is balanced. At all. Nope. It is frustrating when I happen to get vanquished by it. I kind of regretted making my Legendary Upgrade guide for that upgrade, but I did not want to not make it because simply of “it’s too OP”. But, knowing that it has some flaws compared to the regular SB, I thought I would try it out anyway. However, I do not mind you placing that upgrade in at god tier because it should have a nerf and soon. Too much instavanquish potential.

I am not great with the BB 9001 upgrade at all. That definitely skews my opinion. 

Also, with Electric Slide, I placed her in my Good category. Maybe I should change where I place her?

Message 4 of 9 (837 Views)

★★ Pro
@benn1nat0r Man, must say, really good list.

The only things I don't agree are Oak & Rose, I think both characters are really good and can actually do much better in certain scenarios, but the rest is really good.
Message 5 of 9 (826 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Thank you, @GutmanSca.

As I said, I only put oak in the very bottom tier because I call the very best and very worst tiers "broken". To me, broken can mean a character is either really good or really bad, but it can also mean there is something that simply doesn't work like intended.

Since I encounter many problems using Super Sap trap, I put Oak in the bottom broken tier.

Else, I would place oak between Sunflower and All-Star.

Explanation on Rose: I recognize Rose can be very good, but there are some factors I considered that made me rank her worse:

• How does this character stack up against other supports (like engineer)?
  • Is there a legendary upgrade for this character, and does it make the character better?

I think Rose isn't as good at being a support as she should be. Turning zombies into goats is actually only good for disabling their abilities. They actually benefit from a smaller hotbox and can escape easily. And they are annoying to your plant mates when they ram them.

And the legendary upgrade just makes Rose better, so there is almost no reason to play as normal Rose.

Message 6 of 9 (818 Views)

★★ Pro
@benn1nat0r really very good, just a little tip to escape the spell disaster, stay in corners, will make the projectile hit box hit the wall.
Message 7 of 9 (801 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@gametrieuk Thank you for the tip! I know it can help a lot, but there never seem to be corners around me when I encounter Wizard. I think the damage should be reduced from 80 to 60, or even 55.
Message 8 of 9 (779 Views)

★★ Pro
@benn1nat0r I agree
Message 9 of 9 (760 Views)