Re: Your Favorite character and why

by Fork_x_Spoon

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Your Favorite character and why

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

If you had to choose from the 21 different characters, which one would choose? Mine would be cho... rapid fire ste... Maybe Imp or Deadbeard loved those character back in GW2 and even if one was nerfed to the ground. They had to be my favorite. Imp because triangle button (or X for Xbox players) need I say more. Deadbeard because he can deal with people all around, long and close.

Message 1 of 14 (718 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

For me, It's All-star. There's nothing too complex about it, I just like carrying a big gun and putting lots of shots down. 

From the Plant side i give it to Peashooter, for general versatility. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 11 of 14 (771 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

Hard choice for sure. I don't generally have a 'main' and I enjoy playing both sides roughly equally, the best I could do would be favorite plant and zombie; Sunflower and Space Cadet for me.

Message 2 of 14 (708 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

The amount of hours I have on superbrainz speaks for itself.

Message 3 of 14 (693 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Multiwarfare Tricky one. I play both sides as equally as matchmaking allows me (! 😖) & I think BFN has forced me to be a bit more versatile in character choice than I generally was in the GWs.

For zombies, Electric Slide probably. All-Star second.
Plants are harder - before BFN, Sunflower without a doubt, Rose & Cactus joint second but in here I'm still struggling to feel truly comfortable with one over the others & tend to play around more depending on mode & opposition.
Sunflower if support is needed for the team, otherwise Chomper for Ops & maybe Cactus for small modes. Turf... roll the dice.
Message 4 of 14 (688 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I like supporting teammates and being invulnerable so my best character for plants is Rose. ( GM 4 ) The second is Chomper because of Burrow and high close-range damage ( Master ) Third is Cactus. When I first played BfN, I was like no way I hate Cactus she is the worst character. And now I like her so much, I got most vanquishes with her for plants - 29( I know it isn't much but whatever) She is Master. For zombies 100% Electric Slide as I said I like being invincible. ( Master ) Second probably Scientist, he can both support and attack. ( Master ) The third Soldier, he has high damage. ( Super Elite till now ) For zombies I got most vanquishes with ES - 27. But this whole tier list will change since Iceberg Lettuce is around the corner.   Standard smile    And for most vanquishes I count only TT mode. I got 37 vanquishes with Acorn on the Gnome bomb mode. Sunflower is good for me since I got most revives with her from all characters. ( 27 on TT mode )

My worst for plants is Snapdragon and for Zombies All-Star I can't play with them.

But every character is good in their own way Wink

Message 5 of 14 (641 Views)

★★ Guide

Basically, the character that made the game fun again for me was Nightcap until they nerfed her really bad. Seriously what are the devs thinking, she was never op in anyway, people only thought so because it depended on how someone played her. We seriously need to petition to bring her back to her old state, even fung fu didn't feel like it was changed (it's also very buggy). For zombies, I enjoy playing foot soldier mostly.

Message 6 of 14 (623 Views)

★★ Guide
@Multiwarfare any game I play I always try to be a support character so Rose/Sunflower. But in saying that in GW2 Astronaut Scientist was by far my most favourite character. But here in BFN I'd have to say Electric Slide/Space Cadet
Message 7 of 14 (575 Views)

★★ Guide

Or better yet @HealzOnly Parsnip

Message 8 of 14 (572 Views)

★ Pro
I know I might get some flak for this, but Captain Deadbeard is my go-to character when it comes to playing Battle for Neighborville. I've always been a dumb camping meanie, & he's everything I want & more. Not only does it have the primary for me, but a secondary & ability that can deal with nearby threats, an ability that can get me the high ground, & a Parrot Pal that has eggs I'm sure everyone wished were scrambled.
Message 9 of 14 (557 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

My two favorite characters (1 Plant, 1 Zombie) are Citron and All-Star. I love the shielding mechanics in this game because I enjoy the actual 'Tank' role and the shields are a lot less buggy than GW2 in terms of actually blocking the damage. The shielding mechanics in GW2 for Citron's Peel Shield and Drake Mech's Smoke Shield are very buggy because you would walk forward and for some reason the projectiles damage both you and your shield.

The blocking mechanics in BfN are a lot better don't get me wrong, but even after the latest update at the time of this comment was added when the devs fixed explosions going through walls, (all shields act just like walls) the bug is still there, just very minor. This can be the difference between winning a gunfight because you could run both of the health regen upgrades (double health regen rate and reduced delay) but the splash damage would keep interrupting health regen, making you unable to regen back to full health.

Message 10 of 14 (502 Views)