The Characters I want to see getting BUFFED in the next update

by GutmanSca

Original Post

The Characters I want to see getting BUFFED in the next update

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

So, in a previous post of mine, I showed the characters that I think should get nerfed in the next balancing in September, now I'm going to show the characters I want to get buffed.

IMP & Z MECH: possibly the worst characters in the game, gravity grenade is possible the worst stun in the game, Impkata is just too slow for a mobile character, Imp's dps SUCKS, Z Mech shouldn't have that much recoil, spread and overheating, Missile Madness is not versatile enough, Bionic Bash is useless.

KERNEL CORN: Damage shouldn't be reliable in butter beacon, Husk Hop has a terrible endlag that should be removed, Shuck Shot has stupid cooldown and endlag, maybe his HP is too low for his size.

SHOGUN-GUARD: Terrible upgrade, it should make Corn more versatile, useless shield despite its buffs, damage output and bullet spread are terrible.

SPACE CADET: I don't want Cadet buffed because of how good Space Station is, but the character outside of Station really sucks, I think a rework on her weapon would be cool, principally removing homing from it. Gravity Smash is useless, big hitbox character.

Message 1 of 7 (462 Views)

Re: The Characters I want to see getting BUFFED in the next update

★★★★ Guide
@GutmanSca Gotta say, this is pretty accurate. As an imp player, it's really hard to play with such a lower dps.
Message 2 of 7 (441 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Generally speaking, I really like your list, @GutmanSca.

There are just a few minor things I don't agree with, them being:

Imp: As I said, I will comment on your imp thread, so I'll make it short. He needs some buffs, yes, but not huge ones in my opinion. If you add too much damage to a small bunny hopping character, it will become annoying. His rate of fire increase helped a lot, from my experience. z-Mech is also a difficult topic, because he might feel too weak now, but making him much stronger would certainly have a negative impact on the game, because nearly all modes feature capturing points and he is crazy good at capturing / defending with z-Mech. The plants don't have an equivalent to this.

Corn is worse than Soldier, I agree. I only disagree with the legendary upgrade. They buffed him (I think his shield?) in the last update. I don't understand why you say it is useless? You can still aim at his feet most of the time, but it does a good job at blocking damage. Maybe bullet speed could indeed slightly improved.

I wouldn't want Space Cadet buffed until Oak is buffed. Oak is a joke compared to Space Station. This is somewhat made up for with the fact that Cadet alone is much worse than Acorn alone. I want cadet only to be buffed at the same time as Oak, while Space Station should see a massive nerf. I know you are going to say that Acorn is too powerful then, which would be true. But nerfing Acorn would be bad. A lot of his power comes from the health upgrades. They might make stand alone Acorn too good, but are desperately needed for Acorn Passengers and Oak. Therefore, I think they should separate Acorn and Oaks (as well as Space Stations and Cadets) upgrade before rebalancing them

Message 3 of 7 (385 Views)

★★ Expert
@GutmanSca I don't think Cadet is as bad as she seems. With the feedback loop upgrade, she is really fun to play imo. Her beam is amazing, I love it soo much, but her gravity smash needs fixing cuz it feels extremely laggy and it never hits where u aim it. Not a good ability to start with for a character like her, cuz it forces her to run head first into the plants, when her weapon, with the homing, is desgined mid-range in terms of combat
Message 4 of 7 (374 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@benn1nat0rIm going to say this now, I actually can agree with anything you said here, but I must say this: Shogun SUCKS.

You are literally using a 5 point upgrade to give Corn the same DPS, smallest and worst shield in the game, you can't use Super Spin, Buttered Branches, and other upgrades with it, he is possible one of the worst upgrades in the entire game.

I see people trying to say its good but, sorry to say it: it's not.

Message 5 of 7 (347 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Hello Standard smile @GutmanSca

You don't have to agree with me on every point. As I said before, I like when someone challenges me opinions. Thank you for further explaining your point of view on the upgrade. Personally, I perform worse with it than with normal Corn and don't use it. I just wanted to say I didn't think it was this terrible. I don't want to outright dismiss it because I'm not good playing with it. 

I completely agree with your point that there are other, way better upgrade combinations.

From what I can tell, the upgrade tries to transform Corn into a defense class. The slower rate of fire and overall very similar dps and the addition of the shield are the indicators for me. In order to be good with it, I have to resort to sniping from far away with the shield enabled. I don't really like this play style so I don't use it.

Or he could be seen as a pseudo Peashooter with the slow rate of fire and high damage output per shot, but this of course doesn't work as Peashooter has abilities that work well with this style of primary and Corn just doesn't.

Message 6 of 7 (334 Views)

★ Pro
Gravity Smash needs a consistent speed, it keeps on going from a snails pace to Sonic the Hedgehog, making you miss your shot once you land.
Message 7 of 7 (303 Views)
Twitter Stream