PvZ reddit users abusing Chomper glitch - Should they be reported?

by benn1nat0r

Original Post

PvZ reddit users abusing Chomper glitch - Should they be reported?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

I just visited the PvZ gw subreddit. After doing so I can't understand why the devs listen to these guys more than to us.

Someone posted a video of an entire team playing as chomper and abusing the rapid fire glitch.

Do you think these players should be reported?

I will not post a link to the video. You can search for it yourself if you want to. I didn't want to get banned by the community managers for pointing out users, so I just wanted to discuss wether you think I should report them with the link to the video in the report function of the forums.

Message 1 of 18 (992 Views)

Re: Should they be reported? (PvZ reddit)

★★ Pro
@benn1nat0r Title confused me for a bit there. Yeah I don't know why some redditors are ballsy enough to post footage of themselves abusing glitches. Isn't it a bannable offense?
Message 2 of 18 (986 Views)

Re: Should they be reported? (PvZ reddit)

★★★★ Expert
@shurikeninja I just changed the title so it will hopefully make more sense. I know, right? Why would they post evidence of them abusing a glitch?
I think they should be reported, but I also didn't want to be that one pesky community member that ruins their fun. On the other hand, they robbed everyone in their lobby of their joy.
Message 3 of 18 (981 Views)

Re: PvZ reddit users abusing Chomper glitch - Should they be reported?

★★ Pro
@benn1nat0r this is just an opinion, but I am opposed to any ban, a problem that is in the game, and that should be solved almost immediately, and not leave it there for another month for more and more people to find out.
Message 4 of 18 (967 Views)

Champion
@benn1nat0r Good idea - you are not able to name and shame other players. That means if you cannot give out other users’ names and accuse them of cheating, hacking or similar.

If you are concerned, have not read this rules page and would like to, follow this link: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/faq-user-guidelines

Should you report them? I suppose so. I perform some annoying Chomper actions such as contesting, but not glitches. I don’t even know how this glitch works.
Message 5 of 18 (954 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@benn1nat0r Yes they should be banned at some time
Message 6 of 18 (948 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I just checked the Reddit and saw a video of a chomper biting ludicrously fast while attacking a gargantuar. This is nuts and needs to be fixed (I hear they're patching it soon). I'd love to see people that exploit stuff like this banned, but the sooner they fix it, the better.

Message 7 of 18 (936 Views)

★★ Expert
@benn1nat0r It's the devs fault they haven't fixed this bug, like countless others. Why should players be banned for pointing out the dev's incompetence?
Message 8 of 18 (917 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Thank you all for your feedback.

@Iron_Guard8 I think we are talking about the same video. A minute in they start doing it in Turf Takeover.

Right now I'm more on @gametrieuk and @Shadowphinx101's side.

Such an issue shouldn't be in the game to begin with.

Another point is that the video shows all user names. Some were playing as Chomper normally and only a few can be confirmed to have used the exploit.

I don't want innocent players to get banned.

I also wouldn't want the PC player pool to be reduced even more by banning 12 players.

It would be a bit excessive.

On the other side, like @wp9isilpq8r@TheSprinter85  and @Iron_Guard8  said, what these people were doing is simply wrong. If I know there is an exploit / glitch in the game I don't use it. They were willingly ruining the other team's experience playing the game.

I don't think the argument claiming they highlight the issue so it will be fixed is valid. the devs are already aware of this and bullying other players won't make them work any faster on the issue. They just added more toxicity and destroy the community.

@TheSprinter85 I have read all of the rules before I decided to start posting on the forums. I just wanted to explain why I didn't include a link to the video. I thought including the video where the user names can be seen would be like calling them out here. I support measures against public shaming and don't want to do it myself. I didn't know if I would violate the guidelines if I linked the video. After all, I'm not the one who uploaded it. The guy who used the exploit did it himself. I thought about not posting about this at all, but I wanted to know all of the community member's opinion and if I should report them by using the forum report function.

Message 9 of 18 (896 Views)

★ Expert
@Shadowphinx101 Boo to you.
Message 10 of 18 (867 Views)