Re: Please nerf the bounty hunt grind strat, especially the solar sisters.

by arit0824

Original Post

★★ Guide

I'll say this, PvE seems to be the only thing that everyone is satisfied with, if they go nerfing our payout in that mode, while PvP is still such a mess the blowback is going to be insane. 

Message 11 of 33 (782 Views)

★ Guide

I understand your post and your irritation, and that some people already have insecto brains after a couple of days, but some people like to take boring ways to end the journey so quickly. Yea you can grind for hours and get really bored just to get a skin, or you can actually use the purpose of the game for entertainment and get the skin while having tons of fun. It’s like taking the highway instead of the longer but more scenic route. Some people want to get there as fast as they can, maybe because they just love finishing first or would spend their free time from work just grinding. I prefer going through the scenic route. I would still eventually get the skin, but by playing the game, I’ll remember all the fun times through the journey. You could be a bit envious or irritated by people rubbing it in your face, but most likely they had grind for hours and were bored for hours. Since it’s a cosmetic, there’s no actual value in it, as everyone could eventually get it.

Some people just prefer the highway instead of the scenic route. It’s their choice to throw away the whole purpose of entertainment to get to the finish line as fast as possible. We all spend our time on the game differently. It’s all cosmetics, and there’s already some really cool ones from the reward-o-tron

I agree to disagree with you, and this is my opinion. I welcome your opinion in the general discussion of this forum, and openly welcome you to voice your opinion even if others disagree. It’s ok, your post was reasonable. Also welcome to the forums!

Message 12 of 33 (765 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Very strange? If there is a strategy that is overpowered, gamebreaking or not, people are going to do it. I do see what you mean, but i dont get why your so opposed to this. Its not intended and it blows away the whole point of playing the game. There will be people who get bored, but they will come back to it.

As i said, players should have to PLAY the game to get things done. Not repeat missions.

Another idea, the first time you complete a hunt every day, yoy get the full reward. Any time ater, you only get 25% reward. 

Its less nerfing a payout, more nerfing an exploit that shouldnt be so op

People should be able to choose between pvp and pve and make equal payouts in equal times.

Currently, 3 days in pvp equals 3 hours in pve. Not good

Never had i said it isnt legit.

Exploiting has nothing to do with bugs or glitches. Its only taking advantage of faults/mistakes. In this case, the mistake was being paid so much, so fast, and so easily. 

Like you said, no bug involved.

And on what i said about punishing, that was worded wrong. Ill admit to that.

I sorta meant by punished that itd be a waste of time. People who try to take advantage of an accident shouldnt be rewarded for it.

If 2 people are taking a test, one studied, one did not. But the answers were mistakenly left out, and the non-studier uses them, who should get the better score? SHOULD, not WOULD.

(Posts Merged by CM)

Message 13 of 33 (751 Views)

★★ Guide

How is it not intended? You trying to tell us that grinding for hours isn't legit, because you don't do it? So don't do it. Move on. I don't like personalities like yours if i'm being honest. Why do you seek to ruin others methods of acquiring EXP, coins, bulbs or whatever else they want? What is in your heart that makes you feel like this towards others? Consider THAT. Instead of trying to do away with things you're not even participating in, only in fact, seem envious of for some... odd reason. I think this calls for self reflection. Not a nerf, maybe i'm alone in this conclusion. Idk. 

Either way, if you need help earning coins, then ask, this is a friendly community for the most part. But you'll find very rapidly, that if you try to dictate how others play, things will begin to get hostile fast. This game has a NUMBER of problems right now, these devs should be 100% focused on fixing the balance, the issues (Especially on PC some of us can't even play the game!) before official release which is in 6 days, not worrying about people repeating a bounty, ad nauseam. That's their business, they bought the game, they are free to repeat the REPEATABLE bounties. 

Message 14 of 33 (712 Views)

★★★ Guide

I’m not sure I see a problem here. Why does it matter if someone else gains coins/XP/swag faster than another player, by grinding coins or any other method? Being showered in XP/coins/tacos/etc won’t make one a better player, or give an advantage in PVP, so I’m not sure what the harm is? I’m not asking rhetorically, I am genuinely curious.

Message 15 of 33 (671 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Once again, never had i said it wasnt legit.

Better question. Do you think they wanted players to sit there for hours grinding a mission to defeat the purpose of the game?

And to build off of what you said, i actually had tried it for about 15 minutes. I felt it was unfair to players who wanted to play the game to get things done rather than exploit an overpowered mission.

In a game where coins/xp/swag is the only progression, it actually does matter. I have a friend who has all his zombies to master promotion by doing it, and i only have 1 zombie to master.

It doesnt matter so much about getting it faster, but when you have people just reaching the 2nd page sitting next to a guy who is already done, and both started on the ssme day, do you not see an issue?

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 16 of 33 (667 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Considering the amount of extra bulbs that you'll need to get just through grinding xp, I don't see how this is even an issue with anyone. If you want to complain about anything it should be the amount of grinding that's required to finish this event, not how someone goes about it. 

Some people enjoy doing pvp non stop, some people enjoy pve more, so why should we try to restrict one over the other? There's always going to be an efficient way to do these things, just because it isn't something you enjoy doesnt mean others shouldn't be able to do it if that's how they want to spend their time. 

Message 17 of 33 (688 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@KlutchxKing518 wrote:

It doesnt matter so much about getting it faster, but when you have people just reaching the 2nd page sitting next to a guy who is already done, and both started on the ssme day, do you not see an issue?

Not really. Your friend got there fast and now has nothing left to play for. You’ve got months of fun left to look forward to as you level up your characters slow and steady.

For what it’s worth I have played most days since release, and have mastered one character. I’m fine with the fact that there are players who mastered all characters on week 1.

Message 18 of 33 (660 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Im not trying to restrict anything. I have no problem how people grind, but do you not see an issue that literally every single other thing that you can do is nowhere near the bounties?

I could do the Dreadwood Fight once, or do solar sistars 3 times or so. However, solar sisters takes 30 seconds, dreadwood takes 30 minutes. No issue there, huh?

I honestly do not care how people choose to dpend their time; thats not the point im getting at. Im trying to improve the game by keeping things balanced, and im getting hate for it.

I think that regardless of how you decide to go about something, if people put in the same time and effort, then it should all be somewhat near in the results.

Grinding bounty hunts require little effort, give high rewards, and short time. There is no competition to them.

So to which i said: Hey! I dont think its right that one person who plays for a few days can get surpassed by a guy who plays for an hour!

And i got a whole dumptruck of hate.... for what?

Its not out of jealousy or anything like that either. Im saying that regardless of what a player does, as long as all players play for the same amount of time, all players should be around the same spot.

Everyone should still be working on this, if not, finishing up around now. But we have people whove been done after a few days of it coming out.

I dont care sbout what I have to do, im continuing what im doing fine and dandy. I dont care what my friend is doing either. He can do what he wants.

What im saying is the bounty hunts are OP; "youd be silly not to use them, theyre clearly better".

I do understand what you guys mean, but i dont understand why you're all assuming things that i havent said.

(Post Merged by CM)

Message 19 of 33 (646 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hello Standard smile

I've had to temporarily lock this thread to clean up some posts and remove some others. Reopening now.

It's good to be aware of our forum rule on spamming. Multiple posts one after the other would fall under this rule. If there's more to share after making a post, please edit that first post to add that and allow others an opportunity to reply. 

I'd also ask to keep in mind that the forum rules are best communicated by the Community Managers. It is not ok to tell other people how they should be posting. This can come across as rude and always leads to thread derailment which is unfair to members looking to have a conversation on it. Instead, If you feel someone isn't posting within the AHQ forum rules, please report the post and we can check it out. Standard smile

Alrighty, with that, let's get things back on topic. :eahigh_file:

Thanks.

Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 20 of 33 (552 Views)