New PvZ shooter any time soon?

by Peely_XD

Original Post

New PvZ shooter any time soon?

★★★ Newbie

Will there ever be another plants vs zombies shooter or is battle for neighborville the last one?

Message 1 of 4 (1,249 Views)

Re: New PvZ shooter any time soon?

★★★★★ Expert
@Peely_XD There most likely won't be another. Bfn was a commercial failure and the popcap vancouver team was disbanded.

Shame as gw was succesful but unless they give it another chance or reboot the franchise I doubt we'll see pvz return to console for any big projects soon.
Message 2 of 4 (1,209 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I really, really hope to see a new one, and sooner rather than later. BfN may have not done as well as they would have liked, but GW and GW2 did very well and even smaller channels posting footage of the games tend to do well as far as viewership on YouTube, so people are still interested in the games and the demand is there. It looks bleak, for a new one, but I'd hate for it to end on such a sour note after loving the GW games so much.

PvZ2 is pretty much carrying the franchise right now, which is sad as it's such a great and fun IP. We really do need a new GW game.

Message 3 of 4 (1,177 Views)

Champion

It is hard to know for sure whether we will see a new shooter game, although I still hope to see a new one in the future. Battle for Neighborville was cancelled after only a year of development and I would not want the shooters to end as a result of this. The first and second Garden Warfare games were a success and are still popular to this day, so even though the developers tried to take a different direction with this franchise for Battle for Neighborville and it failed, I would like to see EA take another run at creating a new shooter and mostly sticking with the foundations that the Garden Warfare games had, with some of the beneficial additions from Battle for Neighborville and some new content as well.

I would like to think that EA is working on another shooter under the radar and we do not know about it, similar to Battle for Neighborville barring a few leaks before the release, but yeah, probably not! Thinking

Message 4 of 4 (1,116 Views)