Re: My BFN Alignment Chart

by benn1nat0r

Original Post

My BFN Alignment Chart

★ Pro

In my opinion, BFN is really balanced, which made it hard to make a tier list when everyone else already made one and they're similar to my opinion. Which is why I decided to make my alignment chart of the game to share what I think is each character's position in terms of how versatile they are in situations and how demanding they are to play. This is less of a balance ranking and more of an organizer of how usable each character is in games and your hands.

1bfnac.png

Simply put, many characters are very versatile but require skill. Half of the original Garden Warfare characters are casual and straightforward; snipers are simple but aren't easy-to-play and those with legendary upgrades / alter forms (e.g. Acorn and Oak) lean more to complex playstyles.

Let me know what yours would look like below! Maybe this becomes a good replacement for the long, repetitive tradition of tier lists.

Message 1 of 7 (829 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Fork_x_Spoon Very creative and amazing idea! While I think tier lists are better for highlighting some balancing issues, this type of visualization can be very useful. I wouldn't say Scientist is more difficult to play than Sunflower, though. Considering he can use warp to stay close to the team and can heal multiple zombies and has a better self-healing ability.
Message 2 of 7 (820 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

And why do you think Chomper is easier to play than Super Brainz? This isn't meant as criticism but I'm asking out of curiosity. It is way more difficult to get higher vanquish streaks with him, in my opinion. SB can jump to plants and use his 2 insta-kills easily. Chomper only has burrow, which ends in a suicide. I see many noob SB players get a lot of vanquishes and higher streaks, while it is harder to do with Chomper.

Message 3 of 7 (817 Views)

★ Pro
@benn1nat0r Thank you for the responses! I think Scientist is harder to play because he has to manage Warps and Sticky Healy Thingy and how to use them. Sunflower has three Sunny Side Up's that can be used easily throughout her team with a Heal Beam that can be used while attacking.
I say Chomper is easier to play because he has better abilities that get him to his adversaries easier. Super Brainz struggles to get to enemies easily and Brainium Basher 9001 is frustrating to use. Plus, poor hit detection is worse on him since his punches are in three combo sequences; if one doesn't register, the primary becomes weaker, especially compared to Chomper who can bite without delay.
Message 4 of 7 (784 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Fork_x_Spoon Thank you for explaining this in more detail Standard smile
I understand the Scientist part now a lot more. I don't really agree with Chomper, though (I think many forum members will agree with you). He can approach with burrow, but would have to sacrifice his insta-kill because it would be suicide if more than one zombie were around. His movements in this state are very visible and audible, so everyone sprints away. When SB jumps, he often goes off screen and targeting him would mean looking up, making you vulnerable for anything else. Even if there are multiple plants where he lands, he puls them in close and has 2 insta-kills that take care of them. I agree with the part about primary weapons, though.
Message 5 of 7 (755 Views)

★ Expert
@benn1nat0r chomper is a killing machine...only use burrow as last resort or escape...get close spit and chomp, rinse, repeat. In team vanquish with smaller maps he's a beast. Usually when I play him I have the other team camping at height scared to death to land, ha ha.
Message 6 of 7 (746 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Gormey I know this strategy, but still think SB has the advantage. Chomper is vulnerable while sprinting towards the enemy and while using burrow can be fled, even if he just uses it to get close unsecured and quits it to goop and chomp normally. SB is also vulnerable while sprinting, but can use his jump, where he is off screen most of the time, and the plant won't know where he will land. Then he pulls the plants closer. Even if they want to flee, he speeds up using Turbo Twister.
Message 7 of 7 (723 Views)