Mount Steep - Sightseeing, Demolition and Gnome Medals Guide!

by TheSprinter85

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mount Steep - Sightseeing, Demolition and Gnome Medals Guide!

[ Edited ]
Champion

Hey everyone,

In this guide series, I am covering the Sightseeing, Demolition and Gnome Medals in Mount Steep that I have not covered in any of my other guides. I will cover how to get each medal, the names of the medals, and provide a picture for each medal which is relevant to each medal I am covering. These medals are the only way to fully complete your Mount Steep region and buy all of the items from the shop. These medals do not particularly award you with any additional rewards, however they generally do not take long to complete them, and you get to complete your region and unlock items, so it is worth doing. You could work on collecting these medals while you are waiting on something to happen, such as waiting for the Treasure Yeti to appear.

Here are how to complete the Medals themselves:

SIGHTSEEING MEDALS

When you have completed these activities, you keep the medals you receive and you do not need to repeat these activities in the future. You may do this at any time and you get to experience more of your free-roam region this way.

Old Timey

To earn this medal, you need to get on top of the Clock Tower located in Olde Town Road and stay there for a few seconds. It is quite difficult to get to the top of it, so try and use a character that has a decent jump height as this will make it easier. Once you have successfully managed to do that, you will get the medal for this challenge. Try to first find areas that get you as close as you can to the top of the Clock Tower, before attempting to jump on top.

Clock Tower.PNG

Ceci N'Est Pas Un Drill

To earn this medal, you need to ride the massive Drill Machine for a full rotation, which is locared in the Steep Mines. Some Engineers and Miner Problems will appear here, and sometimes the Elusive Foe, Dig Wig. Head on the drill and let the drill do a whole rotation once while staying on it, which may take a bit of time. To make collecting this medal easier, defeat any enemies that are on the drill quickly while you wait, and stay as far away from the edge of it as you can to avoid falling into your cheese demise below. Once the drill goes the full rotation, you should get the medal.

Riding Big Drill.PNG

Your Finest Tower

To earn this medal, you need to jump between the two towers in the fort, which is located at the end of the straight road in Olde Town Road. This is where Sergeant Peel's shop is, along with a bunch of other plants that you can interact with. The medal requires you to get onto the top of the towers on top of the fort. Use a character with decent jump height in order to successfully get up there and after that, carefully go from the tower to tower on the edges of the fort. You can use the small, thin platforms in between to get across, or use a character with a quick burst of mobility to make it over to the other side, and once you do this, you should receive your medal.

The Fort.PNG

YOLO Yo-Yo

To get this medal, you need to ride the rising platform elevator up and down. There is one located near the big drill, and there are others located within the Steep Mines, when you find a rising platform, hop on it and let it take you up and then down. Once it has done this, you should get the medal afterwards. It may be worth letting it take you up and down a couple of times to make sure you get the medal. Jump on the elevator at the right time, which is generally just as it hits the bottom, so you can jump onto it without much trouble and you will not miss the jump. For some reason, you are able to also get this medal by riding the Cheese Elevator in Goopy Gully in the Mines area, so if you would prefer to do it that way or you get the chance, consider just doing that.

Elevator Medal.PNG

Grilled Cheese

This one is simple, just jump into the cheese as any character in an area that has cheese, especially Steep Mines, and let it vanquish you. You only need to do this once, but you need to make sure your character gets vanquished as a result. Cheese does not normally vanquish you instantly, so you may have to wait a moment. You should receive the medal once you have been vanquished by the cheese.

Grilled Cheese.PNG

DEMOLITION MEDALS

These following medals require you to destroy a certain amount of items in your region. If you cannot find enough of these items, you can reload your region and all the items will appear in the same place as before, where you are able to destroy them again. You can use any character you like to destroy these items and you simply just need to deal some damage to the items to destroy them.

Corral Grief

To earn this medal, you need to destroy 25 Fences or more in Mount Steep. There are plenty located around Olde Town Road. When you first appear in the region, if you go straight ahead, you should see a bunch of fences. If you see a fence, make sure you destroy it.

Fences.PNG

Unhitched

To earn this medal, you need to destroy 5 Horse Hitches or more in Mount Steep. They look like fences with leads on them. You can find some of these throughout Olde Town Road, look in through the town and outside of houses and saloons, you may find some there. 

Horse Hitches.PNG

Point Break

To earn this medal, you need to destroy 5 Sawhorse Barricades or more in Mount Steep. These are located on the outer edges of Olde Town Road, just past the town, at the end of one of the roads, but there are multiple. They look like really large fences.

Sawhorse Barricades.PNG

Vent on a Succulent

To earn this medal, you need to destroy 25 Cacti or more in Mount Steep. There are a bunch located in Rocky Flats, but there are also more located throughout the region, so take a lookout for them and destroy them if you happen to come across them.

Cacti.PNG

GNOME MEDAL

This medal is a type of Demolition medal, but it is a gnome-related activity, so it has its own section. 

Short Temper

To earn this medal, you need to dance the Waltz of Gnomus, which means you need to defeat Sir Boff in the Gnome Shrine. In order to be able to do so, you need to collect all of the Diamond Gnomes in the region, find the Gnome Shrine, open the Mysterious Door, and then battle him and win. After you manage to do this, you will receive your medal.

Gnome Shrine.png

CONCLUSION

These medals do not give you any significant rewards for collecting them, apart from having your region complete and getting some unique items available for purchase in the shop. That said, they are still most certainly worth collecting. You can do these medals while waiting for something to happen, such as the Treasure Yeti appearing, or if you simply just feel like doing something else in your region. Regardless of the reason, I do suggest taking the time to get these medals when you feel like it. They should not take you long to complete.

I hope this guide helps you all!

From

@TheSprinter85 

Message 1 of 4 (6,011 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mount Steep - Sightseeing, Demolition and Gnome Medals Guide!

★★★★ Expert
@TheSprinter85 Awesome! Mount steep is one of the regions I haven't completely finished yet! I will definitely use this guide when I get around to playing the region and am looking forward to your future guides! Thanks Standard smile!

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (5,983 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Expert
@TheSprinter85 Awesome! Mount steep is one of the regions I haven't completely finished yet! I will definitely use this guide when I get around to playing the region and am looking forward to your future guides! Thanks Standard smile!
Message 2 of 4 (5,984 Views)

Champion

No exception this time: no problem, thanks for kind feedback and hopefully this guide will be useful for you, also I always enjoy making guides (and always wanna make some more) so no skin off of my nose at all. Thumbs up

Which regions, apart from Mount Steep, have you not yet completed, as a curiosity? Wondering

Message 3 of 4 (5,980 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@TheSprinter85 I completed Town Center for both plants and zombies, am close to completing Mount steep, but haven't done much in Weirding Woods yet. Apart from the fun zombie cult story line, it don't like it much. I think the tree enemies with lasers are way too annoying.
Message 4 of 4 (5,969 Views)