Re: Make Imp Great Again - a list of Imp & Z Mech changes

by Iron_Guard8

Original Post

★★ Guide
@GutmanSca Are you talking about drop off for Imp. From my memory there's no drop off yet
Message 11 of 31 (776 Views)

★★ Expert
@GutmanSca I would also say that plants that are caught in a gravity grenade should be lifted higher from the ground.
Message 12 of 31 (700 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

The mech feels too vulnerable right now, that's for sure. It needs to be more survivable so it's more useful as the actual mech as opposed to just using the invincible mech call and then suiciding the mech. I agree with pretty much all these changes in the OP.

Message 13 of 31 (692 Views)

★★ Guide
@GutmanSca I agree with many of these changes. It would make him a viable character with the new splash & bulk meta I have been noticing recently, aka Peashooters, Chompers, Snaps..., this would help him against his counters. I feel that not all movement abilities should be canceled. Personally, I just think the damaging movement abilities should be canceled. Petal Propeller and Arcane Enigma for example shouldn't be affected by this. They don't do any damage and it would make Imp have to think more for the different kinds of engagement. Besides that, I think this is very needed. The damage dropoff should be implemented in more characters tbh.
Message 14 of 31 (658 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@GutmanScaI agree with a lot of this. I have lots of fun playing as imp, he’s just kinda underpowered. I also don’t like how big mechs explosion radius is and how the fact there’s no delay for explosive escape allows imp to easily escape before as the other plants run away. It also allows imp to go into mech, explosive escape, and get a second life.

Message 15 of 31 (643 Views)

Reviving this post with this comment i made on the bfn discord a long time ago

Message 16 of 31 (524 Views)

★★ Pro
@Mysterymaster_OP Let's revive it together than. Make Imp & Mech a good character for once.
Message 17 of 31 (514 Views)

So apparently my post is being removed for "spam".
Alright , i'll just upload the post as an IMAGE then. (Explanation.png)
the "zK827iV2" image is the "attached image" that i talk about in the post.

Message 18 of 31 (471 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@GutmanSca & @Mysterymaster_OP 

I'll revive it with you Wink. I'll make a detailed reply explaining my opinions on all of your recommended changes later. (Warning: I might have some opinions you won't really like haha. I'll try to be as objective as I can). Overall, I think the changes have more positives than negatives and are very well thought out. I also like the analysis of the core problems so the recommended changes make more sense.

@Mysterymaster_OP 

As far as I know some posts get marked as spam if you post a lot of long messages in one thread or make a long post in general.If I'm correct, this is an issue with the forum software and not a community manager manually deleting your post. @TheSprinter85 once shared a link to a thread about this with me when I was worried my posts would get deleted. (Can't find it now, sorry). In it, a community manager said if this happens there is a report function for this. Then it will be investigated and reposted. If I remember correctly she also said that if one couldn't find this report function you can private message a community manager and they will look into it.

I hope I could help you with this, have a good day! 

Message 19 of 31 (446 Views)

Champion

Yes, I know what you mean. If you @benn1nat0r@Mysterymaster_OP or @anyone else has their posts removed by spam, let me know and I will let you know how to get them back.

Message 20 of 31 (441 Views)