Linking PS4 Child account to EA account manually

by GranvillePlace

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Linking PS4 Child account to EA account manually

★★ Novice

Hi to all,

Hope someone can help with this... So, I have this game for the PS4 and it won't start when the PS4 is logged in with a child account. Following the help on EA website, I created a parent account for myself and then a child account liked to me and all that seems great. However, there is no way to link the EA account to the child PS4 account manually. The help says to start any EA game and then when prompted completed the login.... However, we're new to console gaming and only have one EA game, Plants vs Zombies, battle for neighborville and this game just gets stuck on "connecting EA servers" We're never presented with the opportunity to link my child PS4 account to his child EA account. Logging in as the parent into the PS4 and all is good as I was able to link my parent PS4 account to my EA parent account via the browser beforehand.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 9 (2,746 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Linking PS4 Child account to EA account manually

★★ Novice
Here are what I believe are my options:

Plan A:
Stick with support and work on the assumption at some point this will get resolved.

Plan B:
Delete EA Child Account
Delete PS4 Child Account
Re-create the child as an adult where ever required.

Or 
Plan C
Sell my EA game.
Don't buy any more EA games for my children.

I will be going with Plan C, It isn't worth the time and effort, there are better things to do.

View in thread

Message 6 of 9 (2,624 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@GranvillePlace To confirm both the EA and PSN account are currently child accounts?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 9 (2,720 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Illium, yes both the EA account and the PSN accounts are child accounts. To create the EA account, I had to do it through Origin, I followed the instructions on this link: https://help.ea.com/za/article/how-do-i-set-up-an-origin-account-for-my-child/  

Message 3 of 9 (2,717 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @GranvillePlace we may be running into an issue with the fact the PSN account is a child account not letting the game launch since it has multiplayer components, it may also be due to other laws in your region. Once we are able to launch the game you should be prompted to sign into an EA account (with Password and EA ID).

To check have you tried editing the PSN's parental preferences? PSN has more information on how to do this here: How to set parental controls on PS4 consoles

If not to check, have you ever gotten an error message or do you just stay on the connecting screen when using the child account? 

Thanks!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 9 (2,683 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Illium , I have tried everything I can within PSN parental controls without any success unfortunately. I would be happy for all the multiplayer components to be disabled however, this game seems to require connecting to EAs server regardless and is not offering any opportunity to link accounts when the game launches, it assumes the linking has been completed.

Message 5 of 9 (2,645 Views)

★★ Novice
Here are what I believe are my options:

Plan A:
Stick with support and work on the assumption at some point this will get resolved.

Plan B:
Delete EA Child Account
Delete PS4 Child Account
Re-create the child as an adult where ever required.

Or 
Plan C
Sell my EA game.
Don't buy any more EA games for my children.

I will be going with Plan C, It isn't worth the time and effort, there are better things to do.
Message 6 of 9 (2,625 Views)

Community Manager
@GranvillePlace Thanks for this update, I understand how some of these issues can get really frustrating. If you run into an issue with a future EA game feel free to create a new post and we can provide any available information.

Illium.png

Message 7 of 9 (2,601 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I'm having a similar issue. My child's is not able to connect to his EA account when playing Anthem. Logging into my account works, but his doesn't.

He is 16 years old and I can't see any settings that wouldn't allow him to log into his EA account.

Can someone please help?

Thanks!

Message 8 of 9 (1,879 Views)

★★ Novice

I never got a solution to this and no response from Sony either. I've got rid of our PS4 and now we only use Pcs. It's much easier to trouble shoot. 

Message 9 of 9 (1,869 Views)