Re: Let's Discuss Battle for Neighborville Coming to Nintendo Switch!

by Fork_x_Spoon

Original Post

Let's Discuss Battle for Neighborville Coming to Nintendo Switch!

Champion

Hey everyone,

I have, and only very recently at that, seen official confirmations that the game is coming out on Nintendo Switch. There have been other posts been made on this specific topic very recently as well, but I thought this was very interesting. I have watched some YouTube videos on this topic which goes through what the game coming to the Nintendo Switch could bring. I feel like that the game coming to the Nintendo Switch could bring in more players and if it was to perform well enough, possibly cause EA to give the game another round of updates (I do not hold much hope though). For those who do not know, apparently the game on the Switch is going to be a "Complete Edition", which has some differences to the regular edition, which are:

"
- Venture to the Outer Edges of Neighborville Offline - Discover Giddy Park, PvE free-roam regions and Private Play modes all without an internet connection.
- Customize Every Character for Battle - Earn in-game coins only through play, and spend them at the Rux store to unlock cool customization items, characters and perks.
- Play with Your Favorite People -Party with up to three friends and goof around in Giddy Park or dive online into some 8v8 multiplayer in Turf Takeover, vanquishing opponents across a gigantic suburban skirmish.
- Motion Controls & Touch Menus - Use motion controls for aiming, with a full range of settings to customize to your preference. Interact with UI menus throughout the game using touch input including map zoom.
- Prize Map Selector - Choose from and interact with all 12 prize maps at any time, and exchange prize bulbs for unbeleafable rewards!

"

Source: https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/plants-vs-zombies-battle-for-neighborville-complete-edition-sw...

Official Trailer

ZeroxFusionz's Response!

PsychoSibsGaming's Response!

Shall we discuss? Angel Is this a good or bad turn for the game? Will it change anything about the game? Feel free to share your thoughts here!

Message 1 of 8 (944 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I saw Zero's video last night and while it sounds like it has issues (8v8 TT didn't go so well last time although it makes sense on the Switch considering its' capabilities, and capping it at 30 FPS is going to be weird), but I do like that they make coins be useful for Rux instead of rainbow stars. That alone may have helped BfN be more successful. 

Message 2 of 8 (927 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@TheSprinter85 Man the switch trailer really highlights how god awful the new character models of bfn are.

I'm glad they're allowing private play and pve offline as it should.

8v8 turf is a big oof.

I don't think the switch will bring the game back from the dead and justify new content because even with the direct once people realize the game has no new content and is heavily unbalanced the population without crossplay will shrivel.

Still less gamemodes than gw1 unless they bring back both mixed modes and battle arena.

I think people are banking way too hard on this to resurrect the game when the devs have all but disappeared as bennator mentioned in another post about motice Vancouver.
Message 3 of 8 (909 Views)

★ Pro
The 30 FPS & 8v8 is to be expected from an admittingly weak console. Can't imagine what portable mode will be like, probably worse. It's just disappointing to see the "Complete Edition" perform worse with a smaller player cap. And that's not even putting in the graphics & if they end up being downgraded from their utter beauty.

Nevertheless, this is definitely worth it if you haven't bought BfN before. I'm not losing $40 for it, but I heard Wolfy's the sacrifice for this one. It's going to be interesting.
Message 4 of 8 (862 Views)

Champion

I see what you all mean. There seems that there will be some downgrades on buying the game on the Switch compared to the other platforms, but at least it will have its advantages, such as no microtransactions. However I will not be buying the game on the Switch personally because I do not own one.

Interestingly, Wolfy says he is still going to buy and play the game on Switch. That will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Message 5 of 8 (808 Views)

★ Apprentice

"Prize Map Selector - Choose from and interact with all 12 prize maps at any time, and exchange prize bulbs for unbeleafable rewards!"

Is anyone talking about this? This seems like a rad feature. Anyone know if this is coming to other platforms?

I just started playing the game on PS4 a month ago and would love to see this come to PS4 too so I could check out all the festivals without having to wait month-to-month.

Message 6 of 8 (668 Views)

Champion
@GentlemanYeti Unfortunately, that feature and other “Complete Edition” features that are coming to Switch are going to be exclusive to that version, I believe. That might change at some point though, who knows?
Message 7 of 8 (643 Views)

★ Apprentice
@TheSprinter85 Man that would be so disappointing if they didn't patch that stuff into the other versions of the game. Slap in the face to anyone who bought it recently or is still enjoying the game in any capacity.
Message 8 of 8 (625 Views)