July Update (7/28) Detailed Patch Notes

by Aeternus_EA

Original Post

Re: July Update (7/28) Detailed Patch Notes

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@TheSprinter85 Only way I could see them on having it removed but not removing it and be able to take their time with it to fix that glitch is to make it so you can't use that upgrade when going into PvP, As in, Make it so its taken out and locked away when you go into Arena or Turf or Team Vanquish and be unable to select it to use it, But when you go into Ops or PvE you can use it just fine. That way people won't complain for it being removed (for the 4th time...) again since that upgrade is pretty much a level above useless for PvP.. You don't really get to stay on someone's head for the entirety of a match because of constant vanquishes needed and besides of your Zombie Buddy getting vanquished and kicking you out of it, Its a waste of 3 points for PvP which could be better used for the Elder Alchemist upgrade which is way better and perhaps other more PvP Usefull upgrades instead of that one if you ask me...

Message 41 of 51 (898 Views)

★★★ Pro

Wait is that PRIVATE PLAY? Oh thank god PopCap has come through!

Message 42 of 51 (744 Views)

Now I use Scientist for Character Challenge, and I feel that current Steam Blaster is at least not OP.

I am choosing normal Scientist, not Steam Blaster.

Message 43 of 51 (619 Views)

★★ Pro
@Aeternus_EA If anyone at Popcap still cares, can you please add Damage Dropoff? All of these balancing changes will be for nothing becuase the PVP will still be broken without dropoff.
Message 44 of 51 (519 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Pheesley I agree damage drop off would eliminate many problems like sniping with non snipers and make balancing certain characters easier to balance.
Message 45 of 51 (516 Views)

Champion

I would not be surprised if the only things that are changed in a balance patch is Damage Dropoff. Adding Damage Dropoff would make a major change to the game and would probably need a balance patch dedicated to itself.

Message 46 of 51 (481 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@TheSprinter85 I would consider adding Dropoff to be a big task. Since the team hasn't released any major new content and hasn't communicated what it is working on at all, people get their hopes up. I wouldn't expect it to come. Same thing with cross play / progression. It seems like they would have had enough time to add it since the last big update, but they most likely just had their schedule messed up by the pandemic and there isn't something big coming.
Message 47 of 51 (477 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

It would take some work, but let's face it, damage attenuation would be a huge boon to this game and could be used to address a lot of the balance issues we have,

Message 48 of 51 (458 Views)

As far as I recognize, at the late of every month an update comes, but the update of this month is not coming yet.

Does 2020 August update exist?

Message 49 of 51 (415 Views)

Champion
@CharlesHlcBendel If there’s not one this month, there’s likely one next month because of the Chomper being fixed up and stuff.
Message 50 of 51 (408 Views)