Re: I just tried the PC version (I can't recommend it, at least on Steam)

by benn1nat0r

Original Post

Re: I just tried the PC version (I can't recommend it, at least on Steam)

★★★★ Expert

Hello everybody Large smile!

In this post I would like to address some of your feedback (Thank you for giving so much feedback).

Gormey (not mentioning you again Wink): I just wanted to address all of your points and was worried about it being too long and deleted as spam. therefore, I used the quick reply functions for the 2. and 3, post, which automatically tag you. I'm sorry for this.

@TheSprinter85 As I said, I can only talk about the steam version. It seems like EA forces steam players to install a weird pseudo version of Origin, which I don't like. They only want to make use of steams high user count, but force them to still use Origin. Very shady. Technical difficulties aside, the game is the same great game on Pc. I love the feeling of being new to it. If you want to buy it, you should consider using the Origin version.

@DonPanTriste Thank you for sharing your experiences. 

I know my post can seem too harsh, but these issues are very frustrating. My title says I refer to Steam. I will change it again to try and make it more fair.

Thank you for telling me how to cancel abilities. I was confused, because on the Dusalshock 4 controller there is a universal ability cancel button. I will try using the controller next, although I like the mouse better for aiming. My accuracy was so much improved, it was amazing! I wish there were a way of displaying the controls and re-mapping some buttons. I don't like how close together they are. I would consider this to be an accessibility feature. With my joint disease it hurts me if I have to try to get my fingers to bend the way they need to in order to reach the keys if I play for more than 20 minutes. I know this isn't the games fault, but the fault of my "wonderful" genes.

As for the voice chat issues I don't really care. Sometimes I can hear others, sometimes I can't, even though I know they are talking. I'll maybe try what you suggested, but again it's not that big of a deal to me.

The minimizing issue is really annoying, though. It could be Origin related, as I apparently have a messed up Origin install now, but I think it is directx related. When I changed it from direct x 11 to 12, the game didn't completely minimize anymore. It just exited Fullscreen and changed the window size to 1/4 of my screen and the window turned black. After clicking the taskbar icon, it returned to normal.

The player base is a lot, and I mean a lot smaller than on PS4 (at least so far). Whenever I tested it, I played during prime times where I know many are active on the European Servers. PS4 lobbies were always nearly full, while the PC Servers consisted only of 1/4 players and 3/4 bots. This could be due to me being low level on PC and being put into low level lobbies, which there could be way fewer of than high rank lobbies.

I dienet encounter toxicity, only nice people. Again, I think this is due to playing with other noobs that don't even have the poop emoji and such. The few high ranks I encountered have had a fair share of toxic play styles (Engineer, and even worse on Pc than Ps4 with higher accuracy), but always remained friendly at the end by saying "GG".

Again, I can't say much about targeting.

I only encountered one player I remember seeing on PS4, and he musst have remembered me too. He was playing as Cactus and jumped around me, then using gestures. I did the same.

@CharlesHlcBendel Thank you for sharing your point of view! I don't have friends. Just a quick joke, I meanI don't have any on origin, because I don't use it much. I primarily play on PS4 or Steam. Could still be a problem with Origin, though.

And the whole 2 year old pc can't handle BfN thing confirms my point of view, I think. The game was clearly designed for Consoles and the Pc Version isn't quite as good. Why should consoles from 2013 be able to run it, but a 2 year old pc not? My BfN runs smoothly, even after 1 and a half hours. I have a high end AMD graphics card from 2016. with a lot of video memory.

Message 11 of 11 (608 Views)