Re: PvZ

★★★ Newbie

i feel the same way

Message 81 of 103 (2,158 Views)

Re: PvZ

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

-5 May, 2020
Even with the hopes that the crossplay arrives at BFN, by the way ...
Happy 11th Anniversary Plants Vs Zombies!

Message 82 of 103 (1,878 Views)

Re: Cross-play?

★ Apprentice

Why do you call them hackers? They do not deserver that title. thye are stupid cheaters without any moral compas, nothing more.

But anyway, this is another discussion about a problem that any PC multiplayer with shooting elements has and should be solved with proper anti cheats systems. So in it self it is not something that should stop crossplay in any way. Sure some a-hole cheaters would come, but if they bust them (as thye should anyway), it will become a minor problem.

Message 83 of 103 (1,742 Views)

★ Apprentice

You dont get it. If enough players would experience cheating (NOT HACKING), then they would have to adress it and insert proper anticheat. How do you think any shooter game on pc platform survive?  It just takes time and effort. Any popular title that survive get rid of this problem by time. Not entirely since it is a endless struggle, but enough to make it a minor problem.

One example is Apex. In first season and 2 other times, the new cheating software gave the game a influx of cheaters. Then the developers have fought this constantly banning hundred of tousands and now you very rarely see anyone cheating. Same story about Battlefield 1.

So crossplattform would mean that the cheating would get much more attention and something EA could no longer ignore and it would just mean a much larger player community and more fun for al in the end.

Message 84 of 103 (1,739 Views)

★ Apprentice

First,  you got many good ideas that I support. But i think you are wrong here.

"And I'm not sure if PopCap can handle anti-cheating properly or have the staff to monitor all that like other games."

Cause what this is about is focus. If there was crossplay there would mean alot more players for the game overall. I have 3 friends who has not yet bought the game cause of lack off crossplay support.  My best friend who has an xbox and a bad PC, I cannot play with. It is silly. This seems to be a very common problem. 

So if they made crossplay they would sell more copies of the game, they can spend some of that money on anti cheat measures and software. There wil be cheaters, there always will be, but in time they will be just am minor problem. We have seen this in all the multiplayer shooters that have survived the time on PC.  More players = more people who complain about the issue.

And your argument about controllers differences is not so big as you would think for this game. Cause it is not so much about aiming. In a game like CS it sure is about aiming and the microseconds you aim faster are essential, but in this game you got the skills, the tactictical options and cooperation etc,  So much more that decides the outcome. Also the characters do not move fast enough to make it a problem to aim on console, so it is more about positioning and who see who first.

But I do like your ideas, and if they would at least implement what you suggest I would be happy.

Message 85 of 103 (1,733 Views)

Re: Is the new game PvZ: Battle for Neighborville cross-platform?

★ Apprentice

" not worth the investment."

I think you are very wrong here. I personally know 6 people (part of my pfriends) who wanted this game but did not buy cause it does not support crossplay. We only buy games that do support it now. I was the first to buy it and tried to talk others into it, but I play on Xbox, same as 1 of my friend, 3 of the others play on PS4. And rest on PC. So now i am stuck playig with only 1 of my friends. This is silly and seems to be a very common problem.
Crossplay = big revenue.
It would not even have to have full support. They could make it PVE only or PVP optional. Any form of crossplay support would be welcome.

Message 86 of 103 (1,731 Views)

@EA_David pretty sure hes using a bot to reply
Message 87 of 103 (1,681 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Iron_Guard8 We definitely need crossplay, especially to keep PC alive cause right now people are sayin it ain’t looking to hot Frown
Message 88 of 103 (1,669 Views)

★★ Guide

There's cross play but only origin with steam.

Message 89 of 103 (1,655 Views)

@Own_Master_Mad_1 and from the reviews ive seen, steam players. REALLY dislike the game
Message 90 of 103 (1,548 Views)