Re: Chomper being removed. Hit reg being fixed?

by benn1nat0r

Original Post

Chomper being removed. Hit reg being fixed?

★★ Expert

With the DESTRUCTION of Chomper, being removed from multiplayer, (bold btw), could we solve the hit reg. problem. IK GutmanSca knows a lot about this, perhaps he should fix it?!? I hope they can fix it, and SB's problem aswell.

Message 1 of 5 (396 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Shadowphinx101 It would be great if they fixed, but it seems unlikely. If they planned on doing that they also would have removed Super Brainz. And as Gutmansca detailed in his awesome post on the matter, it seems to be a problem with the protocols the games uses. I am by no means someone who understands this, but if I'm correct, they would have to redo most of the Netcode of the game, which would be a gigantic taks that is simply not worthwhile to them.
Message 2 of 5 (379 Views)

★★ Pro
@Shadowphinx101 That would be great if they were able to fix hit registration with Chomper & Super Brainz, but I doubt that they will considering how the TCP & UDP stuff is set up. The Chomper ROF glitch videos that I've seen clearly shows how bad the hit registration is.
Message 3 of 5 (374 Views)

★ Expert

Chomper still here today and guy glitched in my team vanquish game 27 kills on wide open cheese lava map...I reported him for cheating.  Played with him plenty before, all around dirt bag player...uses op chars only, camps in super hard to reach places to annoy everyone and if there is something in the game to abuse he does it.

Now that I know what it is, I have seen it being abused a few times in last week just thought it was a weird lag glitch...most likely same player but not sure.  At least now I know to run and keep a distance.

Message 4 of 5 (360 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Gormey"Terrible !". Sorry you encountered this. I didn't report the players I have identified to have used the glitch in pvp from the reddit video. If someone else wants to do it they may.
And if I understand you correctly, Chomper is still here on PC?
If so, maybe they forgot pc because the issue (as far as I know) can only be replicated with a controller?

Message 5 of 5 (358 Views)