Re: Character Upgrades - Attack Upgrades (Guide)

by benn1nat0r

Original Post

Character Upgrades - Attack Upgrades (Guide)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Hi guys,

In this guide, I will be covering the upgrades that are unique to Attack characters only. This specific guide covers the Attack upgrades that only Attack characters ever receive, they start with these upgrades from the start and you do not have to take any further action in order to unlock them. I will be covering different aspects of the Attack upgrades, such as their point cost, their use, their stat boosts and which situations they are worth using in.

I use the PvZ Wiki (no specific pages) in order to assist me with upgrade names and stats, check out a BfN character (Attack class) in the PvZ Wiki and check out the upgrades, that is my source.

THE ATTACK UPGRADES

These upgrades are automatically unlocked for every Attack character from the start, and you do not need to do anything to unlock them. However, they only apply to Attack characters, Defend and Support characters do not receive them. It is just a matter of whether you want to equip them to each of your Attack characters or not.

Combo

This upgrade costs 2 points to equip. When you earn multiple vanquishes in quick succession, such as multi-vanquishes, or just by getting multiple vanquishes rapidly, your cooldowns for all of your abilities are reduced by about 10 seconds. This is great if you have an ability that can allow you to get vanquishes quite easily, or if your character is good at taking out enemies quickly in general. If you are able to take out weakened enemies, and then go for others and take them out as well, you will be rewarded with a significantly reduced cooldown on your abilities, which can prove to be really helpful.

What situations this upgrade could be good to use in:

• If your character's attacks or abilities can get vanquishes or multi-vanquishes quite easily.
  • If you are good at getting vanquishes in general.
  • Your character is fairly reliant on the use of their abilites.
  • Game modes where the main aim to win is to get vanquishes.

Low Life

This upgrade costs 2 points to equip. When you are at 20% health or under, and you successfully vanquish a enemy, you gain 11 health over a duration of 3 seconds for your effort. While this may not seem to be the best way of gaining health at all, it can save you in some situations, especially if you win a 1v1 matchup. Or, if you are at low health and are firing at enemies and you manage to get a shared or direct vanquish on those enemies, that is a good way to quickly gain some health as well. This could allow you to survive for longer.

• You get to low health often.
  • When you are taking lots of damage during fights.
  • As an alternative of waiting for natural regeneration.
  • If you have high health, as you have a higher low health threshold for this effect to trigger.

Fearless

This upgrade costs 2 points to equip. When you are close to 1 or more enemies, in about a 10m radius to that enemy or those enemies, you will passively gain health each second, depending on the amount of enemies that are close to you. With this health gain effect, you are able to gain overhealth, which means this upgrade is still effective if you are at high or full health and you want an increase on health. For each enemy that is close to you, you gain 2 health per second for each nearby enemy. This effect caps at 4 enemies close to you, giving you 8 health per second, if more than 4 enemies are close to you, this bonus will not be improved.

• If your character is mostly a melee attacker.
  • If your character is effective against groups of enemies.
  • If you want additional regeneration.
  • A way to improve your survivability during fights where enemies are near.

Ready Up

This upgrade costs 2 points to equip. With this upgrade, you are able to use your attacks and abilities faster just after you were sprinting. Normally, there is a delay before you can attack or use an ability after you have just been sprinting, but this delay is reduced by about 40% with this upgrade. This is good if you have run back to a fight and have found some enemies that are about to be vanquished and you would like the vanquish, and you can have quicker reactions when you see enemies, you can sprint around the place, quickly perform an action, then sprint to another location if you want to attack your enemies, or something like that.

• Reacting faster to enemies after you have been sprinting.
  • Sprinting into a battle for mobility and rhen quickly using an attack or ability.
  • Leaving yourself less vulnerable after you have been sprinting due to lower attack or ability usage delay.
  • If you like to start attacking during combat more quickly after sprinting back.

Vampiric

This upgrade costs 3 points to equip. When you successfully vanquish a hero enemy, you gain 14 health over 3 seconds for your effort. This effect will trigger regardless of what health you had originally when you got the vanquish, as you are actually able to gain overhealth with this effect. This is useful while there are multiple enemies around as each enemy you get a direct or shared vanquish on will give you a top up of health. This upgrade can improve your survivability a fair amount, including when you win a 1v1 matchup. If you want to survive longer in fights, try out this upgrade.

• If you like or are good at getting lots of vanquishes.
  • As an alternative option to natural regeneration.
  • When you want to remain in the fight for longer periods of time.
  • If you would like to gain overhealth.

CONCLUSION

While these Attack upgrades are actually quite basic upgrades, and are not massively powerful or significant when you use them, they can be equipped and unequipped as often as you like, they can really benefit new or unexperienced players and you do not need to unlock them before you can use them. Also, these upgrades may even synergise with some of the character upgrades that your characters will get access to.

You are not able to equip all of the above upgrades at once, and remember that every character also has access to basic upgrades even from the start, so make sure you consider what upgrades you think are best for you to use. What fits your playstyle. This upgrade system replaces variants, so make sure you take advantage of the upgrade system.

Bye and farewell!

From

@TheSprinter85 

Message 1 of 4 (989 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@TheSprinter85 Thanks for another awesome guide. I know I'm repeating myself, but I just have to write a nice reply when I see such an awesome post Standard smile.
Message 2 of 4 (950 Views)

Champion

Na @benn1nat0r, thanks for your awesome feedback as always! Standard smile

Have a good day! Party hat

Message 3 of 4 (943 Views)

★★★★ Expert
Message 4 of 4 (937 Views)