Re: CO-OP Not working

by StoutWizard2876

Original Post

★ Apprentice

can we link existing 2nd psn to a new origin account and leave another psn acc on old origin acc? 

Message 31 of 53 (1,640 Views)

★ Apprentice

just ignore my last message as its impossible to unlink account from Origin.

Message 32 of 53 (1,632 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_David

I just checked my Origin, looks like account A and account B cannot play split screen together because, for some reason, both account A and B are tied to my Origin account?

We never had a problem with PvZ: GW2.

What happens if I revoke access to account B in Origin? Can they create their own Origin account and keep their game progress, etc?
Message 33 of 53 (1,610 Views)

EA Plants vs. Zombies Team

Hey folks. Sorry you've been struggling with this one Frown 

We been trying our very best to solve this for our December update but its looking unlikely we can address it on that timeline. I'll contact friends who work with EA accounts to see if there's some other work around in the meantime. I know this isn't great to hear but we'll do what we can - we love couch coop as much as you do!

Message 34 of 53 (1,576 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Shaun_Popcap Isnt this something that should have been ironed out before relase
Message 35 of 53 (1,372 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do I fix this???

Message 36 of 53 (1,358 Views)

★ Apprentice

So if there any work around for this during the time we waiting for patch? Can one of my ps4 accounts be unlinked if I will contact EA support chat ? So then I can make another origin acc and link them. Or make a new origin acc and ask support to transfer ps4 acc I want to a new origin acc? Thanks.

Message 37 of 53 (1,182 Views)

Community Manager

Unlinking can be done, but it has a high chance of breaking progression, so it's generally something you'll want to avoid. 

A "workaround" for now is to use a 3rd account with its own EA account.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 38 of 53 (1,130 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_David Glad to hear EA is aware and currently trying to fix this issue. I bought this game a couple of months prior to its official launch and was able to play local split screen co-op with my kids for just a few days. After that the error message “Failed to start... No space in group” started popping up and we haven’t been able to play split screen ever since. Today 11/30/19 I installed the November game update, unfortunately that didn’t fix the split screen problem on my Xbox. Very frustrating. We love the couch split screen play in our family and bought this game mainly for that reason. The previous PvZ games didn’t have this issue, so what gives? Next update, hopefully. Happy Thanksgiving (belated).
Message 39 of 53 (1,066 Views)

★ Novice
@trathbone1 thanks! this is working for me
Message 40 of 53 (1,053 Views)