Re: Battle For Neighborville Complete Edition announced for Nintendo Switch

by Fork_x_Spoon

Original Post

★★★★ Expert

By the way, the shop entry only mentions 8v8 play, as @Fork_x_Spoon mentioned.

What worries me is that it specifically only mentions Turf Takeover. Nowhere does it state that other game modes are included.

Message 11 of 16 (594 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Shadowphinx101 As you said, the shooters are seemingly gone, as Motive Vancouver is now "Full Circle" (apparently?) and working on Skate, while having removed all mention of PvZ on the site.

The trailer looks fine, in my opinion. The game even has Switch exclusive features, so I'm feeling the itch to buy it. Motion controls sound fun to try for a few hours, but ultimately it's nothing I need immediately, so I'll probably wait until its on sale.
Message 12 of 16 (594 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I honestly don't know how to react to this news. On one hand, I want the PvZ shooters to sell more and get more exposure to more players so we get a new shooter in future. On the other, selling a game on a new platform several months after cutting new content from the original platforms feels odd. 

I don't own a Switch and am still slowly leveling up in BfN on PC, so no plans on getting this version. I am very curious to see how well it does though.

Message 13 of 16 (588 Views)

★ Pro
@benn1nat0r Only mentions Turf? I'm sure they just mean they lowered the player cap in that game mode since it's the only with 12v12. But again, knowing EA, they might have pulled the plug on even game modes present since February 25, 2014. If that's the case, I'm staying away from it. I can't stand 8v8 Turf & lack of TV loses my safety net.

Hopefully EA doesn't take that statement too literally.
Message 14 of 16 (540 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@shurikeninja wrote:

Maybe if the game is really successful, they can add crossplay and the remaining stuff like Iceberg Lettuce and Ops improvements?

I don't know how to feel about this though, I think it was always planned but it just took a while to actually make so now it's in this awkward spot.

How do you feel?

This switch port honestly sounds better than the normal game except for the 8v8 turf, worse graphics and worse performance. Adding on the game getting successful from switch, IF it does get popular from the switch release and that’s a mighty big IF, how would they finish the remaining unfinished content? Would they just steal the devs that are working on other projects to work on the unfinished content or just hire new ones 

Message 15 of 16 (509 Views)

★★ Pro
@benn1nat0r well that's stupid. Let us also buy all Rux items with coins Popcap!
Message 16 of 16 (490 Views)