Re: 5 Stages of Grief

by Fork_x_Spoon

Original Post

Accepted Solution

5 Stages of Grief

★ Pro

1. Denial

I'm sure many of us are still at this stage. This is where you just won't accept the results and refuse to believe that a money-hungry corporation just murdered a small companies game. Pretty much saying that "they might be onto something" or "this is vague" is pure denial.

2. Anger

I'm at this part and so are others. The fact that we paid $30+ for a game to just die a year later is pure evil. Those who swear to the killers or those who put full blame onto them are over here.

3. Bargaining

I think many of those who support the petitions and want to deal with Iceberg Lettuce should properly be here. No, they ain't gonna go ahead and have a revolution with this game, they're gonna bury it until it's dead. It's sad, but it is what it is. (And you'd probably be mad I say that.)

4. Depression

Honestly, if you're depressed that this game has died in your hands, I'm sorry, but you're welcomed in this section. You're not really depressed (unless you've been diagnosed with actual depression) but just really sad that a franchise may be at its inevitable end. Those in Newbie-low Apprentice rank are most commonly sad about the recent blog post (mostly because they've never really ruined themselves for this game which I applaud).

5. Acceptance

@Gormey is at this part, and I'm sure all of us will be here someday. This is when you just suck it up and let it go. We'll all get here eventually, but until this blog post is long forgotten, we'll continue to fight our way outta the five stages of grief and disappointment from a franchise so beloved with everyone to rot from big-buck greed and developers whom given up on this game. We don't know where they are, but I hope they're doing something they enjoy.

Message 1 of 10 (726 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Expert

You're welcome for the topic idea!

View in thread

Message 6 of 10 (600 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Expert
@Fork_x_Spoon I think this is accurate. I somewhat switch between them. My final opinion is as long as they can guarantee the promised Chomper return and balancing support, it is fine, even if the announcement was very abrupt. I still believe Iceburg Lettuce is nearly finished and should be implemented. It is frustrating to the devs not being able to release their work and frustrating to us. It would be a great goodbye gift.
Message 2 of 10 (715 Views)

★★ Pro
@Fork_x_Spoon In regards to your 'Anger' section, multiplayer games do end their support after a while. I wouldn't say it's robbery. 1 year is pretty standard stuff, not for the PvZ games though. As long as the servers are still up.

Veery confused why we can't get Iceberg Lettuce at the very least. It doesn't look like they've been fired at least. If I had to guess, I'd say the devs were working on the next PvZ shooter, but last month, EA got fed up with the low numbers and now the next game won't be PvZ. Because of this, they need all hands on deck, so not even one person can stay and help get Iceberg into the game. Otherwise the next game would take too long to come out.
Message 3 of 10 (699 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Despite BfN's issues I really thought it would last longer than a single year, long enough for the Iceburg Lettuce to join us at the very least.

GW1 had a 2 year cycle, GW2 had a 4 year cycle (although it looks like it original was planned for 2-3 years), but there are a lot of modern games that are planned for a year cycle as @shurikeninja points out. I had heard they had at least 2 years of content for BfN but it looks like a lot was left unfinished.

I have no idea what's next for PvZ shooters and PvZ in general, but it's been a profitable IP for PopCap and EA so maybe it will survive and we'll see a GW3 or some content for 2 added or something, but we can't be sure. We've seen some major franchises disappear over the years, I just hope PvZ isn't one of them.

Message 4 of 10 (690 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Fork_x_SpoonIm swapping between anger and acceptance honestly: I predicted since day one that bfn would flop hard due to bad marketing and the community divide (ive seen more people wanting gw2 updates then people actually playing bfn lol) over the game in general and it appears I was right, while the community in certain parts wants the game to continue or likes it in general, outside of the fandom bfn is genuinely hated by a lot of people who from what I've read at least played gw1 or even 2 (gee where have I seen this before: looks at fossil fighters).

I'm also angry at how I spent 30 dollars on this broken mess only for for EA or Popcap or who ever to flip me off then practically run off with my money (there should honestly be a law against putting out broken products).

It honestly looks like popcap will be shutdown or shoved into the mobile gaming closet at EA to churn out cashgrabs.

Oh well what can I say gw1 was a spark that lit a fire for something with great potential and bfn is the water from the bucket being poured on it.

Message 5 of 10 (674 Views)

★ Expert

You're welcome for the topic idea!

Message 6 of 10 (601 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@Iron_Guard8 I made a post asking for clarification on the statement. Different translations of it allow for different interpretations. I hope that another PvZ shooter will be made after BfN, if BfN really were to receive no more content updates (I know it is basically confirmed it won't get new updates, but if so, they shouldn't say it can change)

@stukapooka Even with the issues, I think BfN is worth the asking price, or at least was in Founder's. To me, BfN is worth 30$ for the free roam content, graphics & soundtrack, as well Private play.

@Gormey Your ideas are just this good. take it as a compliment Wink

Message 7 of 10 (584 Views)

★ Pro
@Gormey When you mentioned of just sucking up the fact that this is it, it reminded me of Avengers: Endgame where the remaining heroes are stuck between feelings. But like I said, this isn't a cinematic masterpiece, this is corporate greed. And unfortunately we're the victims.
Message 8 of 10 (571 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Fork_x_SpoonEndgame was flawed but it had build up for years and a was a conclusion that left me satisfied. Bfn is the exact opposite of that.

They had the nerve to release a a special edition for even more money along with a holiday bundle where the main content is costumes lmao.

Message 9 of 10 (567 Views)

★ Pro
@stukapooka The deluxe add-on was alright since I bought it, but I'm never touching the Christmas one unless it becomes $3, Downhill Jingle looks stupid.
Message 10 of 10 (561 Views)