Drop in match making & options

by GoonerB

Original Post

Drop in match making & options

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Firstly, nice to see the boards all separated into specific sections - good job admin!

Now on to the main topic.

Drop in matchmaking and general options are by far the worst user experience to date for clubs.

The new system is presumably fine for people who don't care what type of game they are entering, or who with.

However for pretty much everybody else the experience is horrendous.

Why can I not have any tools or options to avoid either specific people, or people with very specific play styles? IE: people that are just there for themselves and have no interest in playing a team game.

There are players I encounter regularly that I have no interest in playing with.

There are so many toxic people and play styles, yet we have zero control over actively avoiding them, other than just quitting the game. Then you go searching again, mostly in vein for hours. 

That is not user friendly in any kind of way.

In the last 2 nights I've probably had to quit close to 100 games as I'm not going to sit through 10+ minutes worth of whatever toxicity or just plainly dumb play that the group of players I've been paired with are offering. 

I would happily sit there and wait for 10 minutes or however long it took, and wait in a lobby that was "no auto", "10m half's" or whatever other options I wish to configure the game as. I don't even care if it's ranked or I gain "skill points".

I can't believe we are here after 15 years of fixed player online modes, and our options are just press start, wait a few mins and find out you are paired with people who are going to waste the next 10 minutes of your life. 

I understand the thinking behind the new system.

Pick up, play.

However you are failing to understand that there is a gigantic part of this community that want to be able to be more selective and have enjoyable games.

Wasting time every night quitting game after game untill you either find a great group or at least players that you can just about tolerate.

We used to have these tools over 10 years ago, there is zero reason you couldn't include them now - its not going to clutter up the menus anymore than they already are. 

Personally, I'd like to see the following:

- Custom lobbies, ranked or unranked, I don't care. This should include virtual pro teams, or real life teams with an 85 OVR. 

- specific player matchmaking options, such as

- control scheme restrictions

- half length 

- game speed

- ai ability level

- maximum amount of users

- "calls" enabled / disabled 

- Social rating / voting system

There are many more but my brain a little cloudy still from the frustration of the last few hours of trying to find a playable group of players! 

If the lack of options continues to be the avenue that you chose to go down moving forward, I can't see the mode going much further. I certainly am struggling to think of many reasons to purchase if any, yet am able to think of many reasons to give up on pro clubs, and EA too... I've been playing pro clubs since the start, and love the idea of the mode far more than what is currently on offer. 

It would be great to get more feedback from the community too.

Let's keep the feedback focused on drop in & lobbies specifically, and not get into hairstyles or tattoos etc 

I'll summerise points brought up in post 2 if and when people provide it. 

Cheers. 

Message 1 of 2 (313 Views)

Re: Drop in match making & options

★★★★★ Guide
Reserved.
Message 2 of 2 (298 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

fifa-20-splash

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help