Re: www.justbounce.me/banners

by rachelf008

Original Post

★★★ Novice

it adds a malware blocker which i added off that link and that zoom wouldnt help cause the bar is under my toolbar not on it

Message 11 of 18 (441 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@Rachel,

That link in itself does NOT add a malware blocker. 

Please read all the information given in the thread posted by MLadyD7. Until you do that, we really can't help you any further.

Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 12 of 18 (438 Views)

★★★ Novice

then resend me the link cause the one u sent me i never saw anything bout a zoom

Message 13 of 18 (435 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

It actually takes you to another THREAD here on the AHQ...

I'll repost it for you where you can follow the instructions and get rid of the banners!

Once you follow the instructions and get rid of the Getsavin, you won't need to adjust your zoom more than likely.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

INFO ON HOW TO GET RID OF THE BANNERS:

Look for a program called GetSavin, uninstall it, it's known to produce the justbounce.me banner, it's advertised as:  GetSavin is your premier browser toolbar that takes care of all your coupon needs! You can also pick up the GetSavin with downloads, I know one such place you can pick this up is a download from CNet. Look through your browsers addons, etc. See the removal instructions below, and you can read more info.

http://www.spyware-techie.com/getsavin-ads-removal-guide

These do not come from pogo.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm also reposting about the zoom, in case you ever need it:

Check your Zoom setting. Try pressing Ctrl & + to zoom in, or Ctrl & - to zoom out, or Ctrl & 0 to reset the zoom to 100%. Here are links for the 3 main browsers.

IE: Zoom in on a webpage
Firefox: How do I use Zoom?
Chrome: Changing text, image, and video sizes

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Last, but not least, here is the original thread eastephen gave you and I reposted for you, again, I will repost it in case you want to read it.

CLICK http://answers.ea.com/t5/Pogo/How-do-I-remove-a-banner-quot-www-justbounce-me-banners-quot/td-p/1225...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------。 ◕‿◕。------------------
✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps and Click XP if someone helped!

Message 14 of 18 (434 Views)

★ Expert

In order to avoid getting infected with malware/adware, you should refrain from downloading

freeware from third party websites. If you do need to download & install a software application,

download it from its official website. Freeware hosted in third party pages is often bundled with

undesirable applications & sometimes even malware.

Check your antivirus program settings to see if they're optimized.

Message 15 of 18 (420 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

i did what it said for windows vista and i looked at the firefox one and tried it and i couldnt get that one to work i got the vista one but that one didnt work cause the box at the top is still showing up

Message 16 of 18 (413 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Unfortunately there's not really anything else we can do... If we had your computer in front of us, we'd be happy to do it for you!

Perhaps you can get a friend or someone to help you... You'll have to go to the add/remove programs and look for it there as well as look for anything you're not sure what is... you can always google it to see if you recognize it...

Also, be sure & go to all your browsers addon's/plugin's/extensions and look for it there as well as again, anything you do not recognize... disable.

Rest assured, you did NOT get it from POGO... 

Thanks & Good Luck!

---------------------------------------------------。 ◕‿◕。------------------
✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps and Click XP if someone helped!

Message 17 of 18 (403 Views)

★★★ Novice

well now i cant even get on pogo or anything cause i tried doing all the **bleep** yall said and by the time i did i had to take java off and reinstall it cause my comps being soo slow and now my java isnt even coming back up its not reading it where i reinstalled it so thanks lot for nothing

Message 18 of 18 (401 Views)