why is a player's screen name not reportable?

by betsy4679

Original Post

Accepted Solution

why is a player's screen name not reportable?

★★ Novice

When I attempted to report a player for a bad screen name, the "send" button would not light up.  Only option was to cancel report.  I want to know how a Pogo player can avoid being reported.  Why is such a thing allowed?

Message 1 of 8 (379 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: why is a player's screen name not reportable?

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @betsy4679.

If you know the full accurate screenname, the Java-based chat option does allow you to report a Not Listed name. Please try jumping in a java game chat and see if you can report the name there. Standard smile

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (315 Views)

All Replies

Hey there, @betsy4679.

Thanks for your concern. There is no way for a player to block the Report feature from sending it, although sometimes you will need to ensure all the text fields are filled in. As our games do have different report boxes depending on the game type (Java, Flash or HTML5) as the chat is different, which game are you having issues reporting players in?

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 2 of 8 (348 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you, but I have over the past many years reported other offenses and have never had this problem.  I am using the report option properly and in a browser I have used before.  I would like to tell you the player name so that someone at EA can try it, check it out.  May I do that?  If not in community chat, perhaps I could send an email... or someone could email me for the screen name.

Message 3 of 8 (337 Views)

I'm sorry to say, @betsy4679, but the forums are not able to handle Terms of Service reports for in-game players. We do recommend to use the reporting feature in-game, if possible. If the name is also on the forum here, you can select to Report the post.

I did miss which game that you tried to report the player in. Would you happen to know? I'd like to see if there's an issue. You're also welcome to send me a screenshot in Private Message here where the Send button isn't working, to help us see what you're seeing.

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 4 of 8 (331 Views)

★★ Novice

Arrenai, the game was canasta.  I will see if I can get a screen shot the next time I see that player.   I wanted to report his bad screen name, but he is not around too often.  I suspected he worked for EA and that's why the report didn't work.  

Message 5 of 8 (319 Views)

Hey there, @betsy4679.

If you know the full accurate screenname, the Java-based chat option does allow you to report a Not Listed name. Please try jumping in a java game chat and see if you can report the name there. Standard smile

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 6 of 8 (316 Views)

★★ Novice

Okay, will try in pinochle.

Message 7 of 8 (305 Views)

★★ Novice
Thank you, Arrenai. I did report it that way. Standard smile
Message 8 of 8 (299 Views)