why do we have to have a different internet browser for different games

by safariwy2

Original Post

why do we have to have a different internet browser for different games

★★★ Newbie

Devil Why do I have to have a different browser for each of my games.. No browser works for addiction solitaire and then bowling is Microsoft edge, chrome for world class solitaire and so on.. depending on java or flash player and no I can not get internet explorer 11 down load does not exisist on Microsoft for windows 10 ugh so frustrated should not all the games be abled to be used on just 1 browser not to have to use 4 of them... Nancy safariwy2

Message 1 of 5 (262 Views)

Re: why do we have to have a different internet browser for different games

Community Manager

@safariwy2 The reason that you often need to use a different browser is due to the fact that our games run on Java, Flash and HTML5 but in recent times  Chrome and Firefox have stopped supporting Java and Chrome. I find that I can play all my games by using Chrome and IE11.

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (249 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @safariwy2

To expand a bit on the information provided by EA_Darko

Regarding Edge and Internet Explorer 11:

Windows 10 comes with both Edge and Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) already installed.

These browsers look very much alike, IE 11 is a light blue "e" with gold halo, Edge is darker blue "e" with no halo. Unless you changed your default browser to IE 11, Win 10 defaults to Edge.  In your search box in bottom left corner, type in IE 11 and it will show up, then just pin it to your taskbar.

Edge does not support Java but does support Flash and HTLM5

E11 supports Java  and Flash, but does not fully support HTLM5.

Regarding Chrome:

Chrome no longer supports Java however, it does support HTLM5 and Flash but you must manually allow Flash, here's how to do so:

1. To the left of the web address, click Lock Lock or Info Information.
  2. To the right of "Flash," click the Arrows Arrows.
  3. Choose Always allow on this site.
  4. Reload the page.

List of Pogo games sorted by Flash, HTML5 and Java

Regardless of which browser/s you use, make sure to add and allow the Pogo game addresses below to your browsers Pop-up blocker exception list:

pogo.com

game3.pogo.com

pogospike-prod.pogo.com

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Hope this helps,  Just  Image

Tip: To easily locate your posts click on the drop-down indicator next to your screen name at the top right of the page, then select Profile.

AHQ volunteer/moderator. I am not an EA employee

AHQ is a player-to-player support Community. Please Grant XP if a post was helpful, and select Accept as Solution when a post resolved your issue.

Message 3 of 5 (245 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am having trouble with firefox in some games.  Cards mostly,  maj garden today for example.  They will load but game will stay black?  Have windows 10.   I liked firefox cause most games work.  But this last month now having trouble.  Any help in.?

Message 4 of 5 (219 Views)

★ Novice

I see where you said Chrome no longer supports Chrome...what did you really mean?

Message 5 of 5 (206 Views)