poppit bingo freezing, not awarding prizes/goals

by Trixiemamma044

Original Post

Accepted Solution

poppit bingo freezing, not awarding prizes/goals

★★★★★ Novice

So I won’t attempt this badge either.  Poppit Bingo freezes up at the end of the game and does not award anything only takes.  I got an “O” bingo and also several golden balloons and NOTHING WAS CREDITED ME TOWARD ANY OF THE BADGES.  This is the second attempt on one badge due to this same issue …. please fix.

Message 1 of 16 (567 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: poppit bingo freezing, not awarding prizes/goals

★ Expert
@Trixiemamma044 , You are the second person today that I have seen with this exact same problem. If this trend continues, this is something that an EA community manager might want to look into further.

I will include information that I provided at another post in response to the same problem. …

I went to the Poppit Bingo game to play a game and see if I was also having the same problem. The game worked ok for me without the same problem as you are experiencing. So this issue is not affecting all players.

Poppit Bingo is a HTML5 game, so it's possible that something about the HTML5 code is affecting your game. There is a guide on troubleshooting HTML5 game issues. See the link below. There might be something here that will help.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Pogo/HTML5-games-troubleshooting/m-p/5761108#M158506

Here is a summary of the main points from the HMTL5 troubleshooting if you want to look into that, provided by EA_Arrenai.

1. The biggest part of the HTML5 troubleshooting is to try toggling your browser's hardware acceleration. It has instructions on how to check it depending on which browser you're using.

2. It also goes over HTML5 browser compatibility. If you're using Chrome or Firefox, then it should behave, whereas Internet Explorer 11 does not do well with HTML5 technology.

3. Another thing to look for is whether your computer meets the minimum system requirements for HTML5 games. This means that you're on Windows 10 (not Windows 7 or 8/8.1) or macOS Sierra (10.12.6) or higher, and that you have at least 8 GB of RAM so that the games have enough space for processing.

View in thread

Message 2 of 16 (555 Views)

All Replies

★ Expert
@Trixiemamma044 , You are the second person today that I have seen with this exact same problem. If this trend continues, this is something that an EA community manager might want to look into further.

I will include information that I provided at another post in response to the same problem. …

I went to the Poppit Bingo game to play a game and see if I was also having the same problem. The game worked ok for me without the same problem as you are experiencing. So this issue is not affecting all players.

Poppit Bingo is a HTML5 game, so it's possible that something about the HTML5 code is affecting your game. There is a guide on troubleshooting HTML5 game issues. See the link below. There might be something here that will help.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Pogo/HTML5-games-troubleshooting/m-p/5761108#M158506

Here is a summary of the main points from the HMTL5 troubleshooting if you want to look into that, provided by EA_Arrenai.

1. The biggest part of the HTML5 troubleshooting is to try toggling your browser's hardware acceleration. It has instructions on how to check it depending on which browser you're using.

2. It also goes over HTML5 browser compatibility. If you're using Chrome or Firefox, then it should behave, whereas Internet Explorer 11 does not do well with HTML5 technology.

3. Another thing to look for is whether your computer meets the minimum system requirements for HTML5 games. This means that you're on Windows 10 (not Windows 7 or 8/8.1) or macOS Sierra (10.12.6) or higher, and that you have at least 8 GB of RAM so that the games have enough space for processing.
Message 2 of 16 (556 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you! I read your response. I went to that page but I use Safari.  Please don’t tell me to use other browsers, because I don’t like them.

Just to get that option out of the way, ty.

If others are having same issue, are they on Safari?  (lol no pun intended).

And I was #103 on ME TOO on that one page.

Anyway, thanks again. I’ll just either play or I won’t.  lol.

Message 3 of 16 (544 Views)

★★★ Pro

Internet Explorer 11 and Microsoft Edge browser as part of Microsoft...

can read html  but the code its not properly supported...

due to the fact that they work fine reading java plug-in known as java and adobe plash player...

html 5 is not a plug in, it is a part of new technology develop by new browsers...

w/c replacing java and adobe flash player,

cause they are ending or being phase out by the end of 2020...

1. HTML5 is a markup language used for structuring and presenting content on the World Wide Web.
    It is the fifth and current version of the HTML standard.

html5 is a new code or built and carries by new browser update w/c include chrome...

the function is to read web content and plays video content and other personal aspect...

1. Safari does support HTML5 and does support form validation, however support for 'required' in Safari on OS X and iOS is 'partial'.

Message 4 of 16 (534 Views)

★ Novice

I won the Poppit badge but now says I didn't.  Called them and the person I was talking to put me on hold and didn,t come back.

Message 5 of 16 (511 Views)

★ Expert
@gigglebox1374bk Not sure what happened. The EA advisor had your phone number to call back, so even if the call was disconnected it was possible to call back again. If your badge is not showing as won, you can try contacting a EA advisor again. You will not get the same person each time, so that is good. Also, if the badge is in color, it is won by you. Sometimes the badge count is not up-to-date and takes time show the count correctly.
Message 6 of 16 (502 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @gigglebox1374bk.

I see that you earned the Save You a Slice Badge on August 7th and it's showing in your profile. Was that the badge you're having difficulty with?

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 7 of 16 (482 Views)

★ Novice

Yes and it says I have 0 of 75.  But in another spot it says I earned it on Aug 7th which I did.  I have tried playing it 3 or 4 times again and I get no credits for the golden balloons I pop.  They had me delete something and now I have some games that I can not even play now. My membership ends this month and if it doesn't get fixed I MAY NOT RENEW IT.

Message 8 of 16 (472 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @gigglebox1374bk

Thanks for the update. It sounds like your browser is caching old information regarding how much you have left to go. If that's the case, please try clearing your browser cache, as it can help clear out old information.

As for the games you're having difficulty playing now, which ones are causing issues? There was a recent update made by Google for their Chrome browser which completely turns off Flash by default. This can be changed in the browser settings, so you can get back into those games.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 9 of 16 (465 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem with Poppit Bingo. It freezes at the endof game. Don't know hat I won - have to get out of game and start all over but at the start of a new game the numbers 

go so slow that all of a sudden six new numbers are on the screen.  It's been doing this for two weeks now. I wasn't having problems.

Message 10 of 16 (442 Views)